Got our upgrade

akwalker

Got the email from Norwegian yesterday. We are on the Gem out of NY on July 22. Had booked an inside. Bid for a balcony, 150$ for each of us. We have been moved to a BB on deck 10, aft. Pretty happy about it. 15 more days.

Got the email from Norwegian yesterday. We are on the Gem out of NY on July 22. Had booked an inside. Bid for a balcony, 150$ for each of us. We have been moved to a BB on deck 10, aft. Pretty happy about it. 15 more days.

Congratulations! That sounds like a nice price for the upgrade.

Wow... I'm booked an aft balcony on the Escape for July 15 and paid like $4,000 after all the fees and taxes. Sounds like you got an excellent bargain!

Wow... I'm booked an aft balcony on the Escape for July 15 and paid like $4,000 after all the fees and taxes. Sounds like you got an excellent bargain!

Are you in an aft facing balcony, looks like OP got a balcony in the aft but not aft facing, we always get aft facing (except on the Epic, once was enough) they usually do cost more than regular balconies. If you are in an aft facing you will love it.

We are on the same cruise for July 22 and our upgrade was accepted yesterday too. We were moved from an inside to mid-ship balcony for $110 each ($220 total). Well worth it to us as when we booked in April the cost was around $1000 more to book a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same cruise for July 22 and our upgrade was accepted yesterday too. We were moved from an inside to mid-ship balcony for $110 each ($220 total). Well worth it to us as when we booked in April the cost was around $1000 more to book a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, same situation here. We usually do book a balcony, but the prices seemed high so we booked an inside. Gambled a little, and saved around 1000$. Still would have been happy with any cabin, as long as it's on the Gem. Have a great cruise.