My Western Caribbean Carnival Dream Review. 04/14-04/21. Lots of photos!

cruzlovr75

Hello. Here is my review of our Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruise. Our ports of call were: Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya. Some info about us first. My name is Michelle (37) and my hubby is Drew (36) this was our second cruise. I want to thank other cruise critic members for all the tips I learned about the Dream. We had a good vacation and I want to go back on that ship with our kids next time. I am going to share with you my pictures and my honest opinions about the ship and the excursions we went on. I hope you enjoy it.

We flew to Orlando and arrived in the evening. We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port. It was okay for a 1 night stay. There was Mc Donalds accross the street and a gas station close by to stock up on cruise snacks. There were other newer hotels close by I would book one of them next time. The shuttle service on the morning of the cruise was running late and people ended up taking a taxi to the port. It was organized chaos with crowds of people. If you stay there request an updated room. We went to Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar for dinner. It was very busy and they had a live band. The food was delicious and the service was very good.

We boarded the ship around noon, it went fast and smooth. The Carnival rep asked us if any of us have had flu like symptoms. I'd never been asked that before, thankfully our answer was no! She also said that there was going to be 4300 guests on board and 600 of them were children! We headed right on up to the Pasta Bar to have lunch. It was not busy at all and it was so good. I had a ceasar salad, shrimp alfredo and garlic bread. Then we headed to a bar to get our soda stickers. I wasn't going to get it, but I caved and did it anyways! I think it's so expensive, imagine all the cases of pop we could buy for the price they charge! Anyways, then we walked around and I took photos of the ship until our room was ready. It is such a beautiful ship, I loved the decor. Here is some photos of the ship I took and our stateroom. We had a mid-ship inside cabin on deck 2. Quick thought: people are correct when they mentioned that there is a sewage smell and the boat does rock.

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

DSC04615.jpg

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04617.jpg

DSC04735.jpg

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04742.jpg

We had to go to Key West due to a guest having a medical emergency. Here is a pic of the Coast Guard. Hoping the guest is okay?

DSC04762.jpg

It's after midnight here, so good-night. Tomorrow is my Cozumel review and photos.

We are sailing on the Dream in August and booked an inside room too (aft on deck). I noticed they took the chairs out of the room and only have a vanity chair. Did you find the room had enought space? Looking forward to more pictures and your review!

We are sailing on the Dream in August and booked an inside room too (aft on deck). I noticed they took the chairs out of the room and only have a vanity chair. Did you find the room had enought space? Looking forward to more pictures and your review!

I found the room just the right size for 2 people. We never used the chair, we did store items on the desk.

Quick thought: people are correct when they mentioned that there is a sewage smell and the boat does rock.

Yep! We were on the same sailing and on deck 2. The smell at the elevators starting about day 2 or 3 was awful. We also had to walk through the Crimson dining room once and I had to hold my nose.

I felt the ship was extremely rocky as well and had to take dramamine twice during the week. First time out of 6 cruises.

We did have a good time, overall though.

Quick thought: people are correct when they mentioned that there is a sewage smell and the boat does rock.

Yep! We were on the same sailing and on deck 2. The smell at the elevators starting about day 2 or 3 was awful. We also had to walk through the Crimson dining room once and I had to hold my nose.

I felt the ship was extremely rocky as well and had to take dramamine twice during the week. First time out of 6 cruises.

We did have a good time, overall though.

Hi Peggy! I just read your post in our roll call. Wasn't the smell odd. A few times I had asked my hubby if he passed gas, it wasn't him it was a smell from the ship. It was quite windy at the beginning of the week and the ship was rocking, my hubby took a gravol too.

My husband and I were on the this cruise. Our cabin was on deck 7 aft....about 4 cabins from the very back. Never once did we smell anything bad! Perhaps it was more noticeable on the lower decks. I love the rocking motion at night to sleep by, but yes, monday night was not good. I ended up taking a dramamine. Overall I agree, the ship is beautiful! Food....eh, not great and not horrible. The warm chocolate cake was to die for!:)

My husband and I were on the this cruise. Our cabin was on deck 7 aft....about 4 cabins from the very back. Never once did we smell anything bad! Perhaps it was more noticeable on the lower decks. I love the rocking motion at night to sleep by, but yes, monday night was not good. I ended up taking a dramamine. Overall I agree, the ship is beautiful! Food....eh, not great and not horrible. The warm chocolate cake was to die for!:)

I think the smell was more so on the lower decks. I loved the ship, and its artwork, its just beautiful. You are right too about the food. It was warm, never hot. The only hot meal I had was when I ordered food at the Mongolian Wok and it was cooked fresh right in front of me, that was so great I would recommend that food station to everyone. Yes I too love the warm chocolate melting cake I miss it already lol!

hello! i'm looking forward to reading you review as I and my family will be cruising the Dream in August. The rocking is really getting me concerned. This will be a first for my kids and I'm worried that this rocking will get them seasick to the point that it turns them off of cruising. Did the weather play a part or was it just because of some quirk in the ship's design (as others have speculated before)?

Today we arrived in Cozumel. We booked an excursion to Passion Island through Carnival. We had a good time. The island was beautiful. The food was good and there was an open bar. The sea was choppy so some people felt seasick including my hubby. It was a 45 minute boat ride to the island which I felt was long. We did see flying fish in the sea which was cool! We didn't go swimming because the waves were to high, but others were in the water. It would have been much better if it was a calmer, not so windy day. There is lots of fun stuff to do there. There is inflatable water toys, a playground and they had a balloon toss game. The staff were very friendly. Here is some pics.

033.jpg

037.jpg

034.jpg

030.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

Archived