10 Night Canada & New England cruise

We have just come home from a similar trip. We left Montreal on the 7 October to New York 18 October. It was definitely cool and although the sun was out the wind was biting. I took tee shirts but never wore them. Usually had 3 layers on - long sleeved cotton tee, a fine wool cardigan and a fleece jacket. You need a windproof jacket, hat, scarf and gloves. We are now enjoying our summer weather.

Every year can be different, last year when we went it was great weather, I had all these heany clothes and didn't use any of them. Carried most of my heavy coats instead of wearing them. Like the last person said, layers is the way to go. Usually in the 60's in the day. Check out the weather for the year on the weather . com, they have it for each place they cover. It will give you an idea of what to expect, but you know what they say about the weather, give it a day and it can change again.:D

I am wondering what the weather would be like leaving Sept. 30th. going to Boston,Halifx, Quebec City,Prince Edward Isalnd, and Sydney Nova Scotia. Anyone know what the temperature would be that time of year?

It coult be gorgeous and hot, or it could snow. Seriously. But more than likely, you will have weather in the 50s/60s F. This year our September was actually better weather-wise than July!

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from that very cruise and had a wonderful trip. The first week of our trip was pretty cool - even cold. I packed knowing that and was fine - take a hat and gloves - my flannel lined jeans were a life saver.:)

I'm glad to hear you liked your visit. I didn't know they made fannel lined jeans, I will definitely look into that. For that time of the year, I also like corduroy pants when I'm going to be outside for a good period of time. Regular jeans are very cold on the skin while corduroy keeps you warm.

• 1 month later...
I'm glad to hear you liked your visit. I didn't know they made fannel lined jeans, I will definitely look into that. For that time of the year, I also like corduroy pants when I'm going to be outside for a good period of time. Regular jeans are very cold on the skin while corduroy keeps you warm.

Might want to plan for rain also. We had a couple of rainy days. An unlined Gortex (or similar) hooded jacket and rainpaints are a good idea for that cruise, particularly if you combine them with a goose down or thinsulate vest -- I used the goose down version. This type of outerwear is great for layering, is very lightweight, and compresses to nothing in your bags. Also useful for those times when you leave the cold north for a warm weather trip. The "packable" types can usually stuff into their own pockets or a small stuff sack making them very easy to fit into a carryon, if you fly.

• 1 month later...

We have just booked a 14 day cruise out of Boston on the Spirit. Sailing in Oct. At that time of year, is anyone on the outside decks and does anyone know how cold in Quebec? I was there many years ago in Winter and we were snowed in.

We have just booked a 14 day cruise out of Boston on the Spirit. Sailing in Oct. At that time of year, is anyone on the outside decks and does anyone know how cold in Quebec? I was there many years ago in Winter and we were snowed in.

Well, you won't be snowed in! You won't be sunbathing, but certainly sitting in the sun with a coat on should be possible. The weather that time of year is very variable, so it's hard to say, but certainly packing plenty of layers is key...

• 1 month later...
I am wondering what the weather would be like leaving Sept. 30th. going to Boston,Halifx, Quebec City,Prince Edward Isalnd, and Sydney Nova Scotia. Anyone know what the temperature would be that time of year?

Hi, Ranchette.

Sounds like your taking the Sept. 30 cruise with us. Please join our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=835135

Happy cruising.

Duane

Right before your cruise, go to www.weather.com and look at each city. You can pull up a 10 day forecast. At least that will guide you with what to pack.

If you are still looking for tour companies in some of those ports, I can suggest some. E-mail me, gthiel at tampabay.rr.com

• 1 year later...

Where are you finding discussions/info on CC for the New England ports visited on New England/Canada cruises?

Archived