Titan Delayed Flight Compensation

Tangoqueen

Was your compensation due to flight delay calculated according to EC 261 regulations? I recently had a 10 hour flight delay due to operational issues of a flight from Hong Kong to Osaka, Japan, and all I got from my annual travel insurance policy was 30 pounds sterling per 8 hours delay, and from the airline about 16 pounds sterling as food coupons to eat at various restaurants in the airport.

Checked my account this morning and pleased to receive compensation from Titan Airways for the 2/9/17 delayed flight. Not as much as I had anticipated but pleased to receive something. 2 adults received in total £462

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That sounds pretty good to me.

Well done Titan.

That sounds pretty good to me.

Well done Titan.

I'm awaiting a return phone call from Titan as although they have made a payment we have not had any correspondence as to how the figure has been achieved.

According to the EU rule 261/2004 flights 1500km to 3500km delayed for more than 3 hours are entitled to €400 pp compensation. For flights under 1500km the amount is €250 pp. Athens to Manchester flight distance is approximately 2620km which would result in the higher amount being paid whereas Titan have paid the lower amount.

Information for claiming has been provided through Cunard and they have assured me via email that they are monitoring the standards offered by Titan Airways. Indeed they have "recommended that if you consider that the service and flight delay entitles you to compensation you should contact the airline directly in order to pursue a claim".

I am pleased that a payment has been made within 14 days but wish to understand how they have calculated the compensation and if there is an error on their part look forward to it being corrected. If however they have paid the correct amount that's ok too, so long as I can understand their calculations.

Was your compensation due to flight delay calculated according to EC 261 regulations? I recently had a 10 hour flight delay due to operational issues of a flight from Hong Kong to Osaka, Japan, and all I got from my annual travel insurance policy was 30 pounds sterling per 8 hours delay, and from the airline about 16 pounds sterling as food coupons to eat at various restaurants in the airport.

Yes Tangoll, it was under the EU regulation. We too have had overnight delays in the past on two occasions in Toronto and Florida and have not pursued any claims. On this occasion we have followed it through to make a claim and it has been a very straight forward process.

Just had a call from Titan apologising for the "admin error" and stating we will get the further €150 pp paid into our account within 7 days. Nice to get it sorted so quickly. Looking forward to our Canaries cruise next month from the comfort of Southampton with a bit of extra spending money.