Bars on Epic

cclarke12

One of the frequent complaints I've been reading about in Epic reviews is lack of seating in bars - particularly when poor weather means people spend more time inside. Are all the bars equally busy, or are there any that are typically a bit quieter and easier to find somewhere to sit? Thanks

Edited by cclarke12

Depends on time of day it is hard sometimes to get a seat but if we didn't find one in one bar we moved to the next it didn't affect are overall holiday but maybe one of the reason there isn't a sister ship

The epic is a fantastic ship in her own right and unlike no other

Thanks both. We're fairly laid back and happy to have a wander to find seats - it's just a few reviews I've read have made it sound like a bit of nightmare. Worse case scenario I'll be enjoying the view from my balcony :)

Hi cclarke12,

Just off the Epic 12 day Western Med cruise...it was amazing and I'll have a post-cruise review up as soon as I kick this jet lag!

To answer your question, the bars seem busiest as people are coming back on the ship after visiting ports, and again in the evenings before shows. We had a cold day at sea and still were always able to enjoy a drink at many of the bars. The bar at O'Sheehans seemed perpetually busy to us, and we rarely sat there. We adored the Cascades Bar which had the friendliest bartenders (Hi, Ina, Nestor and Apollo!) and if a seat wasn't available, you only had to wait a few minutes as guests went off to dinner or shows. We didn't spend much time there but I was always surpised by how easy it was to find a seat at either Shakers or Maltings including the cushy seats around and between the two bars (they're sort of connected). Finally, the beautiful bar between Cagney's and Moderno always seemed to have a seat and the bartenders Noel and Siti were always so welcoming. It's only open during dinner hours however, as I recall.

Have a wonderful time and don't believe the bad reviews!! I can't believe how much I stressed over those. Our experience was close to perfect!

Edited by CincyJen

Hi cclarke12,

Just off the Epic 12 day Western Med cruise...it was amazing and I'll have a post-cruise review up as soon as I kick this jet lag!

To answer your question, the bars seem busiest as people are coming back on the ship after visiting ports, and again in the evenings before shows. We had a cold day at sea and still were always able to enjoy a drink at many of the bars. The bar at O'Sheehans seemed perpetually busy to us, and we rarely sat there. We adored the Cascades Bar which had the friendliest bartenders (Hi, Ina, Nestor and Apollo!) and if a seat wasn't available, you only had to wait a few minutes as guests went off to dinner or shows. We didn't spend much time there but I was always surpised by how easy it was to find a seat at either Shakers or Maltings including the cushy seats around and between the two bars (they're sort of connected). Finally, the beautiful bar between Cagney's and Moderno always seemed to have a seat and the bartenders Noel and Siti were always so welcoming. It's only open during dinner hours however, as I recall.

Have a wonderful time and don't believe the bad reviews!! I can't believe how much I stressed over those. Our experience was close to perfect!

Perfect - just what I wanted to hear. I'm sure we'll love it. It sounds much like it was on Jade, with bars emptying as people went to shows. Looking forward to your review.

Just got off epic today, it was full ship with Easter school holidays, we often could not get seats in bars, shows, pool area, also often unable to get waiter.

Venues are too small for high volume of passengers, Buffett area especially hard to get seat, food often only just wArm