Has anyone gotten an extra key card for their cabin on Seaside?

OneParticularHarbour 71

We are a family of 5 and have 2 cabins for our upcoming Seaside cruise. I had to book me in one cabin and DH in the other but the plan is to have my 2 oldest in one cabin and me, DH and youngest across the hall in the other.

Getting extra keycards for the 2 people who are sleeping in opposite cabins than they were booked in has been no problem at all on other cruise lines. We have received blank cards that can only open the cabin door - you can’t use them for purchases. However, on Divina last year it was an odd process. We went to the Guest Services desk and the gentleman helping us told us they couldn’t do that, then he said he needed to get approval from a manager and stepped into the back for a while to speak to a manager. When he finally came back he told us he could give us only one extra key so we needed to choose which room we wanted the extra key for. I then had to write out a statement that if the key was lost and any charges were made to it that I would be responsible for them. Then I was paranoid the whole trip that my son would lose the card lol.

On other lines, we have been able to get extra blank key cards for each cabin.

On Divina, because we could only get an extra card for one cabin, my son had to give me his key card and couldn’t make any purchases onboard unless I was with him with his card.

I am hoping Seaside has a better way of doing this than Divina. Has anyone been able to get an extra key card on Seaside?

Hope they will accommodate you. When I was on Seaside March 3rd I asked guest service's for an extra card. I was concerned about accidently demagnetizing mine. Had read prior to my cruise lines were long and they were everyday. I explained my situation and was told no. If they issued me another card, the other would be demagnetized.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Tip...If MSC really is that stingy in giving out an extra card.... Just get your kids the wristbands which allow them to open the cabin and charge.on them. Then you can keep their cards?? Just an alternative option.

Hmmm...that doesn’t sound promising.

The wristband sounds like it could work though. Where can we get them? Is it something they give to the kids in the kids club? My kids are 20,17,13 so they wouldn’t be in the younger kids club.

I read somewhere they are available when you board the ship. I believe in kids club get a similar but different band...so I'm not sure if that means they would wear 2 bands if they use the wrist band in lieu of room card. Its possible the kids club band may just be thru age 12

But to go back to your initial question...I can'imagine them not giving you a card. The bookings are linked,you made reservations this way with cabins across from each other, its obvious you are all together....so whats the big deal??

• 4 months later...

We sailed the seaside and once we were on board they swapped my kid for my husband and they just swapped them. It was different on the divina several years before this because they gave us an extra blank card to open the cabins. MSc changes all the time so I’m not sure if they’ll still do it this way since we cruised over spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums