Stores/ laundry by Hotel Captain Cook

phonejock

Hi. Is there a laundromat near the hotel CaptainCook in Anchorage? After our landtour, we will be spending one night before getting on the Coral Princess. I thought it might be a good night to take a breather, but I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to get a wash done. Also, I am assuming that there are stores to get toiletries. Thank you.

I thought it might be a good night to take a breather, but I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to get a wash done. Also, I am assuming that there are stores to get toiletries. Thank you.

Alaska Cleaners has a location for 5th Avenue: http://www.alaskacleaners.com/content.aspx?id=7 But I don't think it's a laundromat, but more of a drop your laundry off place.

For toiletries, there's not much in walking distance. City Market is probably a mile away, but it's kinda a high end specialty store. For a grocery store, we have Carrs (part of the Safeway chain) and Fred Meyers (part of the Kroger chain). We also have Walmarts and Targets. But you'll need to take a taxi or the People Mover bus system to get to them. But avoid the Carrs on Gambell.

Save yourself the effort and do your laundry on the Coral Princess. Much more convenient than looking for a laundromat in Anchorage. We used the ship's laundry the day we boarded and it was empty. Very convenient.

Washers and dryers cost $3 each on Princess.

Edited by paylady

Save yourself the effort and do your laundry on the Coral Princess. Much more convenient than looking for a laundromat in Anchorage. We used the ship's laundry the day we boarded and it was empty. Very convenient.

Washers and dryers cost $3 each on Princess.

Is cash needed or do you use room card? After 5 cruises on Princess we've never used the self laundries.

Is cash needed or do you use room card? After 5 cruises on Princess we've never used the self laundries.

You use your room card to get tokens from a machine in the laundry room. Very convenient.