Combining Chakanab excursions

Crazy planning mom

We are currently booked on RCL's Dolphin Encounter. The excursion is from 9:30-1pm.

We also are interested in the Mayan Laser Tag. Should I book it through the park for 11:30am?

Is it close walking distance from the dolphin habitat? I dont want to take a chance and miss the bus back.

Or should i book the Mayan Laser Tag separately but how would I meet the group?

We are currently booked on RCL's Dolphin Encounter. The excursion is from 9:30-1pm.

We also are interested in the Mayan Laser Tag. Should I book it through the park for 11:30am?

Is it close walking distance from the dolphin habitat? I dont want to take a chance and miss the bus back.

Or should i book the Mayan Laser Tag separately but how would I meet the group?

Do you have a very short port stop? Doesn’t seem long enough to me. Why not just book independently if you have the time?

Are cabs waiting at Chankanaab or do I need to arrange round trip transport from the port?

Where do the cabs wait at Chakanab?

Cabs between main tourist areas are not a problem on Cozumel. There will be plenty of cabs at the port and at Chankanaab. Do take note of which pier you dock at, there are three in Cozumel and keep in mind ship time vs local time. Keep a WATCH on ship time not cell phone.

I have never been to Chankanaab but if you can find one of Mitsugirly's intensive photo reviews (she has been to Chankanaab twice) you will probably see the taxi area at Chankanaab. It is the sort of detail she usually includes.

We go to Chankanaab on our own. Take a taxi there (about $12 from Puerto Maya) and there are plenty of taxis waiting when you are ready to return. When leaving Chankanaab, go to the park exit and there will be a guide waiting to get you a taxi. We usually leave at a time where it gives us about an hour to get back to the port. It's only about a 10 minute ride, but we allow time for unknown issues (wreck, traffic, etc.).

We haven't booked the dolphin events when we've gone, but they always ask if we want to. We just pay the park entrance fee and spend the day lounging, snorkeling, eating/drinking, and exploring the grounds. It makes for an awesome day in Cozumel.

Edited by Happy0810