Wait List for Accessible Room: Anyone have success?

We just booked Adventure of the Seas October 7, 2019, cruising from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale. Apparently it's is a very popular cruise, very few balcony rooms remaining and NO accessible rooms. We booked through a TA, only because we were able to choose our balcony cabin (need close elevator access for Hubby) versus booking through Royal for a "guarantee" balcony. We requested to be placed on a wait list for balcony accessible, but TA wants to charge us $50 for only the chance we may get one, non-refundable either way. Although $50 isn't that much, if the chances are slim to none I'd rather use that money for 2 sail-away drinks. I think I already know the answer, but was just wondering if anyone has been lucky to get one from a wait list.

Forgot to mention--- the Balcony Room we selected is 6B, the same as accessible rooms.

Edited by YlangYlangF9PB3E
Left something out

We just booked Adventure of the Seas October 7, 2019, cruising from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale. Apparently it's is a very popular cruise, very few balcony rooms remaining and NO accessible rooms. We booked through a TA, only because we were able to choose our balcony cabin (need close elevator access for Hubby) versus booking through Royal for a "guarantee" balcony. We requested to be placed on a wait list for balcony accessible, but TA wants to charge us $50 for only the chance we may get one, non-refundable either way. Although $50 isn't that much, if the chances are slim to none I'd rather use that money for 2 sail-away drinks. I think I already know the answer, but was just wondering if anyone has been lucky to get one from a wait list.

Forgot to mention--- the Balcony Room we selected is 6B, the same as accessible rooms.

Your TA should not be charging for this as Royal does not charge a fee to the TA. I would look for a new TA for your next cruise.

The chances are pretty slim unless there is a cancellation.

Your TA should not be charging for this as Royal does not charge a fee to the TA. I would look for a new TA for your next cruise.

The chances are pretty slim unless there is a cancellation.

Oh, this is the last time I'll be using them. I usually book through Royal, and would have this time, too, except Royal had no balcony rooms to choose from, only Guarantee Balcony. The TA still had some balconies available in their block of rooms, so I was able to pick one close to the elevators.

Oh, this is the last time I'll be using them. I usually book through Royal, and would have this time, too, except Royal had no balcony rooms to choose from, only Guarantee Balcony. The TA still had some balconies available in their block of rooms, so I was able to pick one close to the elevators.
Can your husband get along without the accessible room? This is such a great cruise. Did you check the inventory with several of the larger cruise companies. They all may have different cabins held and one might have an accessible room available. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

We requested to be placed on a wait list for balcony accessible, but TA wants to charge us $50 for only the chance we may get one, non-refundable either way.

In my experience the accessible rooms are booked well in advance of the sail date. Most folks that need an accessible room have no choice - they're forced to book well in advance...sometimes a year or so.

My guess is the wait list for an accessible room will not work out for you.

There is one accessible stateroom available but it’s an Oceanview and not a balcony. Cabin 2624.

There are actually lots of cabins that you can choose from that are close to elevators, unfortunately Royals site does not show them. Next time try looking at https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ for a full list of available cabins then call Royal and ask for the cabin that you want.

Can your husband get along without the accessible room? This is such a great cruise. Did you check the inventory with several of the larger cruise companies. They all may have different cabins held and one might have an accessible room available. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Travel agents cannot hold accessible cabins unless they have a named deposit on the room.

Thank you all for the helpful replies! My husband uses a cane with a seat. He can't walk more than a hundred steps or so before needing to sit. That's why we look for cabins near elevators. When I booked the cruise with the TA, there were no balcony rooms showing on Royal's website other than "guarantee". Today, there are several! I should have called Royal before booking with the TA. Lesson learned! Also, I will check the Royal UK site in the future - thanks for that great tip! He can manage a regular room as long as there is a stool for the shower...not nearly as good as accessible, but he will make do. Thank you all. :*