New Zealand circumnavigation anyone?

Kinkacruiser

We are looking at a Sun Princess NZ (circumnavigation) cruise in 12-15 months time. Has anyone had the pleasure of this experience and could give me some advice/recommendation on it (or the ship) please? It's the 14-night one out of Sydney. Perhaps there is someone out there also looking at this one? Would love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Anna;)

We are considering that 14 night cruise out of Sydney, if we don't go for the 28 night circumnavigation of Australia on the same Sun Princess, Mar 08.

The Sun class has a large following in the US; I think she is a much handier size than the larger Grand class. Standard cabins are a little smaller than the Princess standard, but the mini-suites are huge - as large as full suites on most ships.

You could always do both, on a back to back cruise....:)

I would love to do the 42 night back to back circumnavigations of Australia and New Zealand, but time and money are the big restrictions. Oh well, hopefully when I've retired they'll still be doing them! :)

Yes, I would love to do that 42night back-to-back, but my wife (she who must be obeyed) long ago set an arbitrary 30 night limit on vacations. Oh me!

If it were not for that, we would have long ago gone on one of P&O's (UK) springtime 'Round the World cruises, on either Oriana or Aurora.

If it were not for that, we would have long ago gone on one of P&O's (UK) springtime 'Round the World cruises, on either Oriana or Aurora.

Michael,you can also do segments of the World Cruise. We have done the Trans Pacific on both ships,also HK to Sydney,and many Trans Tasman crossings.In Feb we are joining Oriana for a 6 day break and will cruise from Ak. to Bay of Island ,Sydney, on to Brisbane and then fly home.

However booking for the segments seem to be the luck of the draw.We tried to book the above twice,and were knocked back then on Fri I was passing a local TA's office that had a big sign out advertising that segment.Went in,and it turned out they had just released that portion.No cabin allocated,just an outside guarantee.

I would love to do the 42 night back to back circumnavigations of Australia and New Zealand, but time and money are the big restrictions. Oh well, hopefully when I've retired they'll still be doing them! :)

My sentiments extactly Kym:)

Karen

Yes, we know about the segments. Problem is that segments released to US not always what we want - and we can't book some of the segments released to other markets.

P&O (UK), former parent of Princess, and now an incestuous sister line under the Carnival umbrella, do not always talk to each other, in person or by computer.

Throw in P&O(Aus), and it gets very muddy! For the 1st time that I remember, some of the P&O (Aus) sailings are included in the Princess brochures, but Captain's Circle perks do not apply!

Archived