Any Questions about Sensation?

qianabb

We went on the 11/11 Sailing to Amber Cove and Grand Turk. I don’t have the energy to do a full review but will answer any questions. [emoji5]

Background: Group of 4 couples, 3 from Ohio, We live in Florida

Parked in Fll at the Hilton Garden Inn for $23

The flight from Ohio was delayed and by the time we got to the port, it was about 2:45 or so and we had to tote all of our own luggage [emoji33]

But it worked out because of course our cabins were ready so no lost luggage and no additional searching [emoji6]

The ship looked just like every other ship I’ve been on; no visible wear and tear, everything was clean and tidy as expected

Ocean view Cabin on 7 - same and nice as usual, but looking to keep moving on up to a Balcony next go round

Brought 8 bottles of wine [emoji485] in one bag for all the couples

The first night we took our wine bottles to the MDR, they wanted to charge the corkage fee so we didn’t drink them.

The other nights; we pre-poured and just brought a glass - no issues

There was one elegant night, but we dressed formal twice for The Chefs Table and formal pics

Chefs Table is pricey but worth it at least one time

Lobster is no longer free on Elegant night

The Cruise Director was hilarious and the entertainment staff was high energy [emoji954]

The New pizza was ok when you are starved [emoji23]

Blue Iguana Cantina is my new ❤️

We did the 27 Waterfalls Excursion at AmberCove - self booked, saved $$

It was drizzling on the Grand Turk day, so we ended up hanging at Margaritaville all day

Service was excellent as usual-left gratuities in place, but also left extra for cabin steward and dining staff

Looking at the 8 day southern Caribbean for 1 of our next cruises [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by qianabb

Thanks for sharing as there is not a lot of info on this ship. How was the water? Who was your cruise director?

The Cruise Director was Orlando. He’s from Jamaica I believe, and he was a lot of fun. The Love and Marriage show was the best ever !

The waters were choppy and the newbie cruisers with us had a rough time with that. I could feel it, but so far I have never been affected by Sea Sickness.

I’ve been on 5 cruises and this was the best by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How was the food? And drinking water?

The MDR food was just ok. I had steak, salmon and the chicken. The Salmon was the best, I had it twice. The salads, appetizers and side items were good.

The water in MDR was the best ! We also ordered a 12 pack for our room that was $4.50.

I did not have any buffet food, but it did look good. I had Blue Iguana Cantina (Yum!) Pizza ( just ok) and Guys Burgers ( the best ever). We also did the Chefs Table “excursion “ and that was the best food I have ever had anywhere.

We had the sit down breakfast every morning in the Fantasy Dining Room. My favorites there were the breakfast potatoes, omelette and bacon.

We were able to get off the ship both ports at about 8 or 830 I think. We got off about 9 in Amber Cove and took a van to do the 27 Waterfalls excursion.

On our Grand Turk day it was raining, so we didn’t leave until about 10 or 11. By then it was lightly raining and we ended up staying at Margaritaville all day. They have this drink called the Incommunicado [emoji33]... Boy, it was serious !

By the way you can get your passports stamped at both ports. At Amber Cove it’s free, but at Grand Turk it’s $2.00 at the little Post Office. Those are both located in the shopping area at the port.

Edited by qianabb

Thanks for the reply. From what I have heard, the new menu has buffalo chicken & wraps, & chocolate chip cookies. Oh..I have also heard the new items are pre-made & sitting out.

Those might have been on the buffet. I’m not a big buffet girl though... I did notice chicken wings only because my son would have loved that ! Lol

To OP, no free lobster on 5-day or less cruises. What you saw was the Steakhouse selections.

There is a corkage fee for the wine you bring on board. You did find a way to get around that, but they weren't doing anything wrong by telling you of the charge.

That's the old deli menu. I'm really going to miss the turkey on country roll.

To OP, no free lobster on 5-day or less cruises. What you saw was the Steakhouse selections.

There is a corkage fee for the wine you bring on board. You did find a way to get around that, but they weren't doing anything wrong by telling you of the charge.

That's the old deli menu. I'm really going to miss the turkey on country roll.

Yes, I had heard about the free Lobster going away, just letting others know.

And I know there is a corkage fee, but on our previous 4 sailings, we have brought our bottle and no one said a thing. So I was reporting what happened this time.

Maybe Sensation is due soon for the new deli menu, this was the menu on our sailing 11/11.

Thanks for sharing the photos and responses to my questions. I am going on the sensation in January 2018. By chance, did you pay attention to the ceiling in the cabins - is it metallic? I am trying to hang metal hooks to hang a curtain around a crib, similar to this person's post: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088500

Thanks for sharing the photos and responses to my questions. I am going on the sensation in January 2018. By chance, did you pay attention to the ceiling in the cabins - is it metallic? I am trying to hang metal hooks to hang a curtain around a crib, similar to this person's post: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088500

Yes, the ceiling looked like that picture. But I wouldn’t haven’t remembered without that photo ! Lol