Scooter transfer in San Diego ---

DH wants to take his Golden scooter (90 # without batteries) for our cruise on the Westerdam this Oct. We arrive in San Diego a couple of days early. Where can I find info about transfering the scooter from airport to hotel and then to the cruise pier ?? Thanks.

DH wants to take his Golden scooter (90 # without batteries) for our cruise on the Westerdam this Oct. We arrive in San Diego a couple of days early. Where can I find info about transfering the scooter from airport to hotel and then to the cruise pier ?? Thanks.

Did you check the San Diego Airport website as it lists all taxis info and info about accessibilty ? http://www.san.org/sdia/transportation/default.aspx

Did you check to see if the hotel offers a free shuttle service to/from the airport ? If it does offer a free shuttle and the shuttle does not have a lift than the hotel is required under ADA Laws to arrange for accessible transportation for you and your hsuband.

There are currently no accessible cabs at the airport. Only Orange Cab has these, and they don't have an airport medallion (permit), although they can TAKE you to the airport (just not pick you up).

Your best bet for accessible transport (lift equipped van) is SuperShuttle (Cloud 9), but you need to reserve 24 hours in advance (use their website).

The hotel must reimburse you IF they offer free transfers to the able bodied. If they do not offer free transfers then you must bear the cost just like everyone else using that hotel. If the hotel offers free transfers I would ask to speak with the manager after reserving the room. Frequently the people making the reservations have no idea of what is required.

Called the Best Western Yacht Harbor this morning and spoke to the "Reservation Coordinator" -- I just need to send them our arrival info about a month before arrival so she can arrange for an accessible van pick-up from the airport to hotel and then hotel/pier transfer a couple of days later. She seemed very helpful.

Archived