Mother sprained her ankle & cruise tommorrow

runcassrun_07

Does CCL offer any help if needed onboard for her ankle? We cruise tommorrow morning & my mom sprained it today. It swelled up and is sore. Any recommendations for my mom besides ice & keep it raised?:)

Hi runcassrun :)

Has a doctor looked at it? My foot got caught in a crack on the ground at the Acropolis, causing me to fall, during our cruise to Greece in June. When we got home I went to an orthopedist because my ankle and foot were getting worse instead of better and discovered that I had multiple torn ligaments. He gave me an ankle brace, which I had to wear for a month, that really helped.

We talked to the Pursers desk and they had wheelchairs to loan. They had a $50 refundable deposit, we got to use it for the whole cruise, and could take it off the ship in ports too. It was great for DM who has limited mobility.

Thanks we will try asking at the desk. We were told we cant request one ahead of time to use short term.

Hi runcassrun :)

Has a doctor looked at it? My foot got caught in a crack on the ground at the Acropolis, causing me to fall, during our cruise to Greece in June. When we got home I went to an orthopedist because it was getting worse instead of better and discovered that I had multiple torn ligaments. He gave me an ankle brace which I had to wear for a month which really helped.

No she didn't see a doctor & probably wouldn't go if I asked.:(

Sorry what happened to you.:(

When you get to the port have someone go to a rep and let them know you need wheel cahir assistance so she doesn't have to walk all the way and will go to the front of the line.

We will ask when we get to the port and at the pursers on the ship like lovinthesea123 mentioned. Thanks!:D

Does anyone know if the CCL have scooters onboard? I've seen a few on other cruises.:)

No she didn't see a doctor & probably wouldn't go if I asked.:(

Sorry what happened to you.:(

Thank you runcassrun :)

Fortunately, it happened near the end of our cruise.

If she won't go to a doctor, I would recommend buying the type of ankle bandage that they sell at any drug store chain before you leave for your cruise. This way she can put it on her ankle, if needed, to control the swelling and alleviate the pain.

When you arrive at the door at the terminal building, tell the employee you will need wheelchair assistance. They will furnish the chair and a crew member will take you and your party to a separate window for quick check-in. Then they will push you onto the ship and to your cabin.

We will ask when we get to the port and at the pursers on the ship like lovinthesea123 mentioned. Thanks!:D

Does anyone know if the CCL have scooters onboard? I've seen a few on other cruises.:)

No scooter and might not have large size wheelchairs, my friend ran into that.

We contacted them precruise because our friend on a wheeled walker cant walk very far and we wanted to use one to get off in cozumel. Cayman islands, is a tender port and I dont think she can do the two steps to get into the tender, so she probably cant get off there and Im going off to do a excursion in Jamaica, so cayman islands would be our only chance. They said you cant reserve one ahead of time to help someone who wants to get off in a port.

We cruise in 2 weeks. Ill let you'all know if we had any luck with getting one onboard.

Archived