Just got a 45 day letter!

crusinpsychRN

After returning August 25 from a short 4 day cruise on the Inspiration I sent an email to Carnival about the pros and only a few cons. I named waiters and stewards who were so helpful and also said Phillipe should be CD. Got my first 45 day letter yesterday!

What do some of you get with it? I usually order a fruit and wine basket but for my Glory cruise I don't think I will. Just get something with the 45 day letter.

I usually order Champagne and choc. covered strawberries to have them waiting in our room, but this time I used my 45 day letter to order the Champagne and will order the strawberries on my own. I think its a nice gesture for Carnival to do the 45 day letter.

I just called them yesterday for my upcoming cruise. I ordered the 4 bar coupons as first choice and the $15 picture coupon for the second choice. I always order drinks & buy pics. while I cruise so this saves me a little bit of money.

I was grateful when I received my letter. ;)

We cruise in 10 days and I used my 45-day letter. My first choice was for champagne; second choice was photo coupons.

They ask you for 1st and 2nd choices. They offered:

champagne

white or red wine

photo coupons

drink coupons

choc. covered strawberries

chocolate ship

.....can't remember what the other was

After returning August 25 from a short 4 day cruise on the Inspiration I sent an email to Carnival about the pros and only a few cons. I named waiters and stewards who were so helpful and also said Phillipe should be CD. Got my first 45 day letter yesterday!

What do some of you get with it? I usually order a fruit and wine basket but for my Glory cruise I don't think I will. Just get something with the 45 day letter.

Wow, that was fast!!

I sent a e-mail a couple of weeks ago complimenting them on our wonderful cruies we took in June (took me a while to get around to it with having the kids home on summer break), I just got an e-mail back thanking me for my comments - is that it am I out of luck on the 45 day letter?:confused:

We cruise in 10 days and I used my 45-day letter. My first choice was for champagne; second choice was photo coupons.

They ask you for 1st and 2nd choices. They offered:

champagne

white or red wine

photo coupons

drink coupons

choc. covered strawberries

chocolate ship

.....can't remember what the other was

The last one is cabin decorations..

For our April cruise on the Eleation, after having received a 45 day letter for comments on the October cruise on the Elation, I ordered the drink coupons and was very surprised that it also covered the gratuity. I ordered my favorite drink a Midori Sour every night at dinner and made sure to ask the server if I needed to add anything to the bill, as I didn't want to stiff the poor guy. He said "nope, the coupon covers the whole charge.

I've sent them one other email and a snail mail after one cruise and never heard a word from them. It's a bit like the upgrade fairy but happens with more frequency that you get a 45 day letter.

How much are drink coupons worth and how many do you get?

At first I thought the letter was a bill for my upcoming cruise and I didn't open it. Then I thought about it this morning and opened it for the nice surprise.

It's amazing how easily we are and go happy about something so simple! Like I'm so looking forward to getting free laundry when I hit Platinum. That's been some expensive free laundry!

I sent a e-mail a couple of weeks ago complimenting them on our wonderful cruies we took in June (took me a while to get around to it with having the kids home on summer break), I just got an e-mail back thanking me for my comments - is that it am I out of luck on the 45 day letter?:confused:

It's just the luck of the draw whether you get the letter or not. I sent them a letter not expecting anything, just wanted to sing the praises of those that made my cruise so wonderful. About 3 weeks later I got a "45 day letter". I've read on here that it's a 50/50 chance. Maybe you should take another cruise so you can try again :D

It's just the luck of the draw whether you get the letter or not. I sent them a letter not expecting anything, just wanted to sing the praises of those that made my cruise so wonderful. About 3 weeks later I got a "45 day letter". I've read on here that it's a 50/50 chance. Maybe you should take another cruise so you can try again :D

We alrealdy have our next cruise booked for November, I didn't send the e-mail to get the 45 day letter (didn't actually find out about this until after I had e-mailed them). I think it is a great way to thank customers for their feedback, so often people are quick to complain but not many people go out of their way to say job well done!! :) Maybe the world would be a happier place if we focused more on the good than the bad!!

Got home this afternoon....and me too! I just got my first 45 day letter. Thanks crisecritic! I wouldn't have known about these without you. I wanted to let Carnival know about the outstanding service we recieved on our very first cruise anyway so this was a great incentive to get me off my but and write a quick letter...and it paid off. Now we will have a little extra in NOvember on our cruise

Archived