Just got a 45 day letter!

crusinpsychRN

I just emailed Carnival about the positives including naming people who did a great job and one negative, they started cleaning Lido deck and picked up all the lounge chairs and hosed down everything very early, before sunset on our last sea day.

I don't remember the name of the white wine but it was good. You need a corkscrew, either take one or get one from room service.

I will attempt to explain the "45 day letter"....if I leave anything out...someone jump in and correct me.

After we took our first cruise on Carnival I wrote them a letter.....real mail not e-mail. I praised those that did a good job and I pointed out a couple of areas that needed some help. Nothing major...just could be improved.

I received a letter back Carnival....and it thanked me for my comments and asked that I call a toll free number within 45 days of my next cruise.

I called for our upcoming cruise and I was given a choice of gifts:

champagne

white or red wine

photo coupons

drink coupons

chocolate ship

room decorations

They ask for a 1st and 2nd choice. I picked the champagne first and the photo coupons second. I will carry the letter with me so if there is any problem, they can look it up.

I understand that not everyone gets them but I think you have the best chance if you sit down and write a letter. Their mailing address is:

Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Place, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami, Florida 33178-2428

• 4 weeks later...

I am so glad I opened this thread. Had NO IDEA about the 45 day letter. Last time I cruised was 9 years ago and our next is sceduled for next November, so it will be some time before I have a chance at a 45 day letter, but it's great to know. I could SO use the photo and drink coupons. DH always says I spend too much on photos (I'm a scrapbooker, gotta have the photos!). Thanks for the info, everyone.

I'm going to order Champagne!

.....I sent mine snail mail a couple of weeks ago about the first of my B2Bs. If/when I get a letter from them, I'll send in another about the second. Maybe I might be able to get another.

:D

wasiii

I have gotten two 45 day letters. I got them both after calling the customer service dept. I did not call to get the letter ( I think that is tacky, expecting them to give you a gift:rolleyes: ). I called because I was bubbling with excitement after our 1st cruise and wanted to tell Carnival how wonderful it was. The second 45 day letter I got ( and will use this November) was when I got off the Inspriration ( this February) and called to ask a favor from Carnival. I was out on the open deck at sailaway and my Carnival visor with all my past cruise pins was ripped off my head by the wind and sailed into the Tampa Bay. I was crushed that my prized visor with all my pins were in the water and I was 10 decks above it. I also told them how good my cabin steward was. during this cruise.

Carnival sent me the pins ( I got the visor on the Ship) AND 2 weeks later sent the letter to me.

We called in after our most recent cruise to give major praises about several of the waitstaff we had in the dining room. We complimented SEVERAL things about our cruise. (It was by far our best cruise to date)

We received a 45 day letter in the mail just yesterday! Nice little surprise! It's our second one, too. Our first one was after we called and gave suggestions to them about things we'd like to see incorporated into Carnival's end of cruise comment card. We used it for photo coupons last time.

Archived