River Cruise scenery in movies

SOShrink

Recently I read with interest Brittany Chrusciel’ s fun thread “17 Cruise Movies That Will Make You Want To Sail”. So, being a movie buff, I thought why not create one for river cruises. I just saw Red Sparrow with a fantastic shot of the Budapest Harbour with the bridges, Parliament Building, Castle, and of course, many river cruise ships docked. There are several other landmarks in the film as well. This has nothing to do with the graphic violence and sex portrayed in the movie so be warned! Another lesser known but profoundly beautiful, sad and historical movie filmed in Budapest with a scene also in the harbour is Gloomy Sunday. And of course, just a few weeks ago The Bachelor was filmed aboard U by Uniworld in Paris. Even if a film or show is not my cup of tea, I will see it if it takes place where I have traveled! Can anyone else think of a film that shows river cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(Sorry but- The Bachelor on Uniworld? Oh dear, my opinion of Uniworld has just dropped many notches. And we are sailing with them for the first time in two weeks.)
It was when they were still trying to market U by Uniworld to millennials.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Forums mobile app

(Sorry but- The Bachelor on Uniworld? Oh dear, my opinion of Uniworld has just dropped many notches. And we are sailing with them for the first time in two weeks.)

I'm with you 5waldos! Geeezzzz.

Whether or not you can put up with the “drama” of The Bachelor or Bachelorette, you have to admit they take place in some gorgeous locales (Tuscany, Zermatt, New Zealand, etc.) and every once in awhile one of the contestants shows an interest and perspective for the history and beauty of where they are. I put up with The Amazing Race also for the scenery althoughI have to turn the sound to mute when they start talking! As gmome12 stated U by Uniworld is a new and different cruise option and is in no way similar to the river cruises most of us have or will be on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums