Pacific Princess - Norway/Iceland

surgie

A lot depends on itinerary with cruises. On this one I should go for starboard as this will face Iceland on arrival. There is not a lot in it sometimes, particularly "round trip". They berth in port with either side facing the quayside and the other side with a better view.

Regards John

We had an aft balcony on our Alaskan cruise and absolutely loved it! And while we didn't see where we were headed (without going to the bow of the ship) it was the most beautiful panoramic view from the aft...seeing the wake and scenery behind us and the view from side to side...like a 180 degree view rather than just looking straight out from a side balcony. That said, I don't like the idea of the "metal" end of the aft on Princess and not being able to see the ocean from a lounger. Plus we decided to get a mini-suite to have more room for not a lot more money. The big aft balcony had to be sacrificed! Looking at the bookings so far, the starboard side has several more cabins booked but I didn't know if people were being strategic or that's where they landed.