[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:35 PM.
Sneads Ferry NC
344 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by relic2
I have had my BOA NCL MasterCard for years, and have never incurred a foreign transaction fee, and, yes, I have used it numerous times with NCL. I think you were given faulty information and would escalate the charge to a complaint with BOA. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
I used my BOA NCL card to book a tour with SPB tours and was charged a foreign transaction fee, had I known, and my fault for not checking, I would have used either my NFCU or Chase United card, the cards I'll take to Europe.
Did you have the card before BOA became the issuer? Perhaps if you were it was grandfathered into terms and conditions.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lafayette, Louisiana
1,908 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by njkate
I used my BOA NCL card to book a tour with SPB tours and was charged a foreign transaction fee, had I known, and my fault for not checking, I would have used either my NFCU or Chase United card, the cards I'll take to Europe.
Did you have the card before BOA became the issuer? Perhaps if you were it was grandfathered into terms and conditions.
As soon as I redeem my 10,000 point NCL bonus, I am dumping this card. I was also charged Foreign Transaction Fees for a couple of purchases I made in Cartagena Colombia. I copied the info below from my online billing statement. I should know better than have ANY dealings with Bank of America. I don't care if it's only 78 cents. It's still more than my other cards charge. NOTHING for foreign transactions.

10/17 10/18 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE 2040 2041 0.51
10/17 10/18 FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE 2094 2041 0.27
TOTAL FEES FOR THIS PERIOD $0.78
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

VIEW SEP-23 BREAKAWAY CRUISE SHEETS HERE
VIEW OCT-2-18 BREAKAWAY CRUISE SHEETS HERE
VIEW JOAN'S MAR-16-19 NCL SUN ROLL CALL AND TOURS SHEETS HERE
VIEW JOAN'S SPREADSHEET OF NCL SUN MAR-16-19 SOUTH AMERICAN PRIVATE SHORE EXCURSIONS HERE
To e-Mail Me: CLICK ON THIS LINK
VIEW OUR TRAVEL SLIDESHOWS HERE!
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas ~ 1990s (2 times) (Catalina Island & Ensenada Mexico)
NCL Sun Nov-05 ~ Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize & Roatan)
NCL Jewel Sep-06 ~ Athens to Istanbul (Greece, Egypt & Turkey)
Grand Princess Aug-07 ~ British Isles, Ireland & Le Havre France
NCL Jade Nov-08 ~ Spain, Morocco, Canary Islands, Portugal, Gibraltar & Mallorca
Crown Princess Feb-09 ~ Eastern Caribbean (Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas & Grand Turk)
Grand Princess Mar-13 ~ San Francisco, Catalina Island, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego
NCL Sun Oct-17 ~ San Francisco, Western Coast of Mexico, Costa Rica, Full Panama Canal Transit, Cartagena Colombia, Miami

NCL Breakaway Sep-18 ~ Baltic Sea Capitols including St. Petersburg, Russia R/T Copenhagen
NCL Breakaway Oct-18 ~ Transatlantic from Copenhagen to NYC ~ Gothenburg, Southampton, Cork, Azores

NCL Sun Mar-19 ~ Santiago, Chile with ports in Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia, to Miami with full Panama Canal Transit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's NO SUCH THING as TOO MANY Vacations!
Edinboro,PA
3,252 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by JoanieBlon
As soon as I redeem my 10,000 point NCL bonus, I am dumping this card.
I was also charged Foreign Transaction Fees for a couple of purchases I made in Cartagena Colombia.
I copied the info below from my online billing statement.
I should know better than have ANY dealings with Bank of America.
I don't care if it's only 78 cents.
It's still more than my other cards charge. NOTHING for foreign transactions.
Reminds me of when we were in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
and one of our fellow travelers
said she was not being duped into buying bottled water.
Be happy in the thought of how much you are saving.
Lafayette, Louisiana
1,908 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Originally posted by $hip$hape
Be happy in the thought of how much you are saving.
I just have a personal aversion to Bank of America. When a branch in Tampa FL can't tell you the current balance in an account in Sacramento, there is definitely something amiss. And YES. I will be happy, happy, happy as I spend that $100 credit on something or the other on our upcoming cruise. Then it's Hasta la Vista, Baby!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

VIEW SEP-23 BREAKAWAY CRUISE SHEETS HERE
VIEW OCT-2-18 BREAKAWAY CRUISE SHEETS HERE
VIEW JOAN'S MAR-16-19 NCL SUN ROLL CALL AND TOURS SHEETS HERE
VIEW JOAN'S SPREADSHEET OF NCL SUN MAR-16-19 SOUTH AMERICAN PRIVATE SHORE EXCURSIONS HERE
To e-Mail Me: CLICK ON THIS LINK
VIEW OUR TRAVEL SLIDESHOWS HERE!
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas ~ 1990s (2 times) (Catalina Island & Ensenada Mexico)
NCL Sun Nov-05 ~ Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize & Roatan)
NCL Jewel Sep-06 ~ Athens to Istanbul (Greece, Egypt & Turkey)
Grand Princess Aug-07 ~ British Isles, Ireland & Le Havre France
NCL Jade Nov-08 ~ Spain, Morocco, Canary Islands, Portugal, Gibraltar & Mallorca
Crown Princess Feb-09 ~ Eastern Caribbean (Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas & Grand Turk)
Grand Princess Mar-13 ~ San Francisco, Catalina Island, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego
NCL Sun Oct-17 ~ San Francisco, Western Coast of Mexico, Costa Rica, Full Panama Canal Transit, Cartagena Colombia, Miami

NCL Breakaway Sep-18 ~ Baltic Sea Capitols including St. Petersburg, Russia R/T Copenhagen
NCL Breakaway Oct-18 ~ Transatlantic from Copenhagen to NYC ~ Gothenburg, Southampton, Cork, Azores

NCL Sun Mar-19 ~ Santiago, Chile with ports in Chile, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia, to Miami with full Panama Canal Transit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's NO SUCH THING as TOO MANY Vacations!
Edinboro,PA
3,252 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by JoanieBlon
I just have a personal aversion to Bank of America. When a branch in Tampa FL can't tell you the current balance in an account in Sacramento, there is definitely something amiss. And YES. I will be happy, happy, happy as I spend that $100 credit on something or the other on our upcoming cruise. Then it's Hasta la Vista, Baby!
Thank you for your sense of humor.
NJ
616 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by njkate
I have had my NCL card for 5 years and the foreign transaction fees have existed at least that long. On the other hand, I also have a BoA travel card that doesn't have the foreign transaction fees and a better point system (excluding NCL purchases). I like the convenience of having both because I can transfer points back and forth between the two depending on what I need the points to cover.

The NCL card should be used exclusively for NCL charges (reservations & onboard spending), in my opinion. There are better rewards cards out there for other spending
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jeanette
Edinboro,PA
3,252 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by my3sonsnj
I have had my NCL card for 5 years and the foreign transaction fees have existed at least that long. On the other hand, I also have a BoA travel card that doesn't have the foreign transaction fees and a better point system (excluding NCL purchases). I like the convenience of having both because I can transfer points back and forth between the two depending on what I need the points to cover.

The NCL card should be used exclusively for NCL charges (reservations & onboard spending),
in my opinion. There are better rewards cards out there for other spending
Squint your eyes B of A...
Thank you for posting.
Maybe if NCL get's it head out of their azz and theatens to join with another bank,
Bank of America will look closer at what/how the consumers would benifit?
NJ
616 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by $hip$hape
Squint your eyes B of A...
Thank you for posting.
Maybe if NCL get's it head out of their azz and theatens to join with another bank,
Bank of America will look closer at what/how the consumers would benifit?
hehe
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jeanette
Houston, TX
5,493 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Just had a price reduction on an upcoming cruise and fellow CruiseCritics have been able to save $$. We used points for a meta double cross upgrade. Anyone have experience with how to take advantage of the price reduction while keeping the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CruiseBlog: www.CruisinWithClay.wordpress.com
9/14/18 GoogleDoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Norwegian Cruise Lines Platinum
Sailed: Viking Sky-Transatlatic-April 2018 / NCL Gem-Southern Carribean-April 2017 / Viking Njord-Danube-April 2016 / NCL Sun-Panama Canal-April 2015 / PRINCESS Caribbean Princess-Western Caribbean-Jan 2014 / NCL Jade- Rome to Venice - April 2013/NCL Gem- Canada - Sep 2012 /NCL Sun - Western Caribbean - Oct 2010 / NCL Sun - South America - March 2010 / Costa Atlantica - Caribbean - Nov 2009 / NCL Star-Mexican Riviera-Thanksgiving 2008 / NCL Jade-Eastern Med-Apr-May 2008 - 50th Birthday Celebration / Celebrity Infinity-Southern Caribbean-March 2006-Atlantis Charter / NCL Sun-Western Caribbean-New Years 2005 / Celebrity Summit-Alaska-August 2003-DDP's 40th Birthday Celebration / Carnival Mardi Gras-Eastern Caribbean-March 1980
150 Days at Sea.....not nearly enough!
1,423 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Clay Clayton
Just had a price reduction on an upcoming cruise and fellow CruiseCritics have been able to save $$. We used points for a meta double cross upgrade. Anyone have experience with how to take advantage of the price reduction while keeping the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No experience with this, as I just did my first double meta upgrade, but I am curious how much your inside cabin price dropped? When do you sail?

My feeling is that NCL probably not willing to allow price drops on those upgrades, but who knows? It cannot hurt to ask if they will do anything for you. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Just for kicks, I am going to set a price drop alert for the inside cabin I just upgraded to a balcony.

If you do call them to ask, please let us know what they say.

Thanks.
1,566 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Hello I have a question on a potential cancellation- I have 2 cruises booked and paid for. I have around 8,000 points and 4,000 or so were from cruise #2, If I cancel cruise #2- do I have the 4,000 points deducted? Asking so that they will be there and that I don't use any of the 8,000 for a credit on cruise #1.

Also, if I ended up with a negative balance would i call BOA to have them send me a check vs. working up the negative balance to 0?
Thanks!
melbourne Florida
1,117 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Originally posted by HowardK
Hello I have a question on a potential cancellation- I have 2 cruises booked and paid for. I have around 8,000 points and 4,000 or so were from cruise #2, If I cancel cruise #2- do I have the 4,000 points deducted? Asking so that they will be there and that I don't use any of the 8,000 for a credit on cruise #1.

Also, if I ended up with a negative balance would i call BOA to have them send me a check vs. working up the negative balance to 0?
Thanks!
4000 deducted immeadiately from rewards and .
Your points are only worth $80 or 40 if you cancel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,423 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by HowardK

Thanks!
Any time a merchant issues a credit to your account, it also credits your points. Cancel cruise #2, and you will only have 4,000 points. If you do cancel cruise #2 and end up with a credit balance, you can call to have them refund it. It usually takes a few weeks to receive.
PA
8,705 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by my3sonsnj
Just used 10,000 points to do a within meta 2 category upgrade.

I was told a 2 category within meta was the only option to get into an aft balcony! Apparently there is no way to do a cross meta or double cross meta into a B1 aft balcony, just in case anyone is interested in an aft balcony. I'm also not sure how it works if the ship doesn't have any B3's, does anyone know???

Has anyone received different information?

My original booking had to be in a B3 (I was in a B2 and actually had to downgrade my reservation to a B3 in order to use my worldpoints). Only then I was able to upgrade to a B1.

Oh Well . . . I still saved $2300 with 10,000 points (i.e. $100) on a Panama Canal cruise.
When doing the "within meta 2 category upgrade" from B3 to B1, are you able to pick the cabin you want? If I'm doing a Panama Canal B2B (total 41 days) will they let me upgrade to the same B1 cabin for both cruises as long as it is available?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Are we there yet?
Southern NJ near Philly
7,625 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
Originally posted by carcar44
Is worth it getting the NCL mastercard
Originally posted by mscdivina2016
If you take long cruises and can generate big points
Or use it once and get 100 in OBC for your next cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Horizon 8/28/18 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Bliss 2/2/19 Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Horizon 8/24/19 Southern Caribbean
Celebrity Edge 1/5/20 Western Caribbean
31 Trips 25 Ships 7 Cruise Lines 39 Ports
Boston, MA
87 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by SNJCruisers
Or use it once and get 100 in OBC for your next cruise.
I'm not a big spender and don't generally use credit cards enough to rack up huge points, so I usually will get a new card for the Initial bonus, then cancel it or just never use it again. I've done it for numerous bonuses over the years. Some ppl say it's bad for your credit but my credit score is and has always been in the excellent range.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
1,423 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by peg013
When doing the "within meta 2 category upgrade" from B3 to B1, are you able to pick the cabin you want? If I'm doing a Panama Canal B2B (total 41 days) will they let me upgrade to the same B1 cabin for both cruises as long as it is available?
Yes, with the world point upgrades you are allowed to pick your cabin.