Carnival Triumph Dining and Activities

brebre

We are sailing on April 1st out of New Orleans and wanted your opinions on shipboard activities (shows....etc.) and also MDR food and other options.

Kind of a broad question... There are a ton of activities for all ages, the MDR has a different menu each night. Never had a bad meal from the MDR. There is a paid seafood place which I am going to check out for the first time in a few weeks. Have heard good things about it so far.

In the MDR don't be shy. You can order as many apps and entrees and deserts as you would like. Many new cruisers are bashful and miss out on trying new things in fear they might not like them.

As far as activities you will get a fun times paper in your room each night. Its a schedule of events for the day ahead.

Let me know if you have any questions

I went on the Triumph last June out of New Orleans. After my cruise I had posted this cruise review to Cruise Critic that is on my personal cruise blog: http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-triumph-4-day-caribbean-cruise-review-2016.html

My review contains tons of photos around the ship, dinner photos and menus, and the Fun-Times activity newsletters from the cruise. The Fun-Times and entertainment are likely to have changed since then because the entertainment staff and cruise director have likely changed since the time of my cruise.

The production shows on the Triumph last June were Wonderful World and Big Easy. Both of these shows were high energy and worth watching! On my cruise there were also tons of trivia games and activities throughout the day.

The Triumph's Lido buffet has several things to eat, depending on the time of the day. At lunch, Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina were my favorites. At the Blue Iguana Cantina, there is a line for tacos and a line for burritos. The burrito line was always much longer than the taco line. Both Guy's and the Blue Iguana Cantina were only open for lunch and closed by dinner.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

I enjoyed the Sea Day brunch in the Paris dining room. It's worth making your way there...even if you have to ask for directions. You can order an omelette and not have to stand in line. My filet mignon was perfectly cooked...yes, you can get a filet mignon as part of the brunch!

On debarkation day, there is a limited menu available there as well. (Ham and cheese omelette, Belgian waffles and pancakes to name a few). No line and quick service!

You can order a Continental breakfast through room service. There is a hanging card that you check off your choices and hang it outside by 5 am. Choices include yogurt, Danishes, muffins, assorted cereals, croissants, bagels, coffee, hot chocolate, milk and juices. My kids especially enjoyed the fruit plate. You select a window of time when you'd like it delivered (30-minute blocks starting at 6 am.)

I'll try to cover activities later...haven't finished unpacking from our cruise yet!

We are sailing on April 1st out of New Orleans and wanted your opinions on shipboard activities (shows....etc.) and also MDR food and other options.

I'm on the same sailing as you! I love the Triumph and the CD, Jess from the US. This will be my 3rd time on her since May 2016. The burlesque show was very entertaining, also the two production shows were fun too! MDR food is the same on any other Carnival ship but service has always been great! Don't miss the Blue Iguana breakfast tacos on port days, and SeaDay brunch on seadays! See you in 16 days!

I sailed on Triumph last September and I'm going back this September. The magician and dancers they fly in from Vegas for the Magic and Burlesque shows stand out to me. I haven't seen those shows on the other ships I've been on. I posted my Fun Times in the below thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401596