E Docs Issue

roger001

Apparently the NCL computer is still malfunctioning reference checkin registration. For a March cruise, I had completed all checkin and "my NCL" said the Edocs were ready for printing. I didn't do so at the time. Went back today to do so. However, now "my NCL" showed incomplete on my checking in. Although all the previously entered info was still there, I still had to click accept and continue through each area to show complete again. I did print them this time. This happened on our Nov cruise also. You might want to double check yours, if cruise pending.

We've had a similar problem on the Jan. 24 cruise. Completed the checkin and printed the docs. They left off my latitudes designation which the TA then added. When I went back to look at the shore excursions, my NCL said I had no reservation. I called the TA, she said the check in showed as incomplete--despite the fact we had already done it and printed the docs. She said to do it again. My NCL would not accept the reservation # and would not let me establish a new account. I called NCL. They can't help. Only the TA can. Fortunately my companion was able to creat an account to which I was linked. Much of the information we had already provided was missing. and they have now added a middle initial in lower case that I can't change and that seems to be preventing me from access to my NCL. NCL person's comment: you chose the TA, you didn't book directly with us. We can't help. Call the TA again

like that was a crime.

I added the missing info--on both records--and have reprinted the docs. I have no idea whether they will be accurate/accepted at boarding but sure hope so.

A cautionary tale of frustration and incompetence. Beware!

Apparently the NCL computer is still malfunctioning reference checkin registration. For a March cruise, I had completed all checkin and "my NCL" said the Edocs were ready for printing. I didn't do so at the time. Went back today to do so. However, now "my NCL" showed incomplete on my checking in. Although all the previously entered info was still there, I still had to click accept and continue through each area to show complete again. I did print them this time. This happened on our Nov cruise also. You might want to double check yours, if cruise pending.

see see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...6&postcount=17

I had a similar problem, the NCL website "lost" two of the three excursions i had signed up for on their site.

It would be a good idea to check your reservation online several times before you leave to keep track of what their computer is doing to it.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I clicked back on the online check in to see what was missing. All it wanted me to do was to click back through every screen to confirm info. I did so and was able to print docs at the end. Nothing was missing. Spoke with NCL tech people and they told me that every once in a while the system will ask people to do just that. Re-confirm listed info. Nothing was missing.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I clicked back on the online check in to see what was missing. All it wanted me to do was to click back through every screen to confirm info. I did so and was able to print docs at the end. Nothing was missing. Spoke with NCL tech people and they told me that every once in a while the system will ask people to do just that. Re-confirm listed info. Nothing was missing.

I have been experiencing similar problems, all of the info was complete and when I click through all the screens it says complete, but it still shows E docs pending. Cruise leaves March 7th. Others on our cruise have been able to print there docs for week or so. How did you contact NCL tech?

I have been experiencing similar problems, all of the info was complete and when I click through all the screens it says complete, but it still shows E docs pending. Cruise leaves March 7th. Others on our cruise have been able to print there docs for week or so. How did you contact NCL tech?

mine show "e docs ready to print" although I printed them over a month ago. Apparentlytheir computer doesn't know if you've printed them or not

I just got an E mail from NCL that my welcome aboard package, including luggage tags etc. have been Mailed to me and should arrive in a few days? No explanation why mail as opposed to allowing me to print out on line. I did everything else on-line. I'll take it however I can get it

I just got an E mail from NCL that my welcome aboard package, including luggage tags etc. have been Mailed to me and should arrive in a few days? No explanation why mail as opposed to allowing me to print out on line. I did everything else on-line. I'll take it however I can get it

You usually get both. The welcome package has a booklet with information & luggage tags. You docs you will print on line. I enjoyed getting the stuff in the mail as well.

The real reason is to send the luggage tags. The rest of the stuff is just an example of how to kill a tree. All you really need is a one page document to get into the check in area.

Somewhere on the check in page there was a phone number for tech issues with the NCL website. My cruise leaves February 28th and I received my packet from NCL in the mail on Monday Jan 10th.

Our cruise leaves on Sunday the 24th. We still have not received the "Welcome Aboard" package with luggage tags. We did our first check in on Jan. 1, and go the e-docs five days later. That was before we found we had to go through the process again. My NCL still says i have no reservation but the TA says we do and we printed new e-dcos and my partner created an account so we could have some access. I did ask the TA to press NCL about the tags. She said she doubted we could get them in time. I told her to tell them to find a way.

Two friends are sailoing in separate cabins. Both did the check in and docs at the same time. One has received the package. The other hasn't. With the pre-crusie process is so bad, one has to wonder about embarkation and the cruise itself. Freestylke seems to mean disorganized.

same issues. Sail on Feb 12th on the Pearl. Been paid in full for some time , got my sail away package with luggage tags but Edocs still pending. Spoke with my TA who spoke to NCL and said they will be ready by this Friday morning.

We'll see if that is accurate or not. :confused:

Our cruise leaves on Sunday the 24th. We still have not received the "Welcome Aboard" package with luggage tags. We did our first check in on Jan. 1, and go the e-docs five days later. That was before we found we had to go through the process again. My NCL still says i have no reservation but the TA says we do and we printed new e-dcos and my partner created an account so we could have some access. I did ask the TA to press NCL about the tags. She said she doubted we could get them in time. I told her to tell them to find a way.

Two friends are sailoing in separate cabins. Both did the check in and docs at the same time. One has received the package. The other hasn't. With the pre-crusie process is so bad, one has to wonder about embarkation and the cruise itself. Freestylke seems to mean disorganized.

My eDOCS issue as descirbed at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...6&postcount=17 involved lots of finger pointing between TA and NCL each telling me the other is at fault for not providing on-line access to eDOCS. I suspect that NCL has dificulty dealing directly with a passenger who is also TA client because that client is often part of a LARGER group the TA has sold for a particular cruise and until the entire group is paid and finalized NCL wont provide access to eDOCS. My access finally appeared and that included the ability to PRINT luggage tags directly. So even if you dont get the luggage tages (which NCL delivers to the TA for the entire group) from your TA you can still embark in a timely fashion.

mine show "e docs ready to print" although I printed them over a month ago. Apparentlytheir computer doesn't know if you've printed them or not

I am so glad I found this thread. This check-in online process has thrown me for a loop. As many had experienced info entered showed up as incomplete, etc. Last night, I printed them out and the page still shows that they need to be printed.

Questions:

1 First, a stupid one, are the eDocs actually the 11-pages manifest that you print out for each passenger in your cabin?

2. Each set has a different ticket number, but no passenger name. Should I be concerned?

3. Where would the Latitude status appear?

I thought there would be a bar code somewhere, like a boarding pass for the airlines.

By the way, I'd also encountered the frustration of an unhelpful TA (Smartcruisers.com) and the NCL rep bouncing me back and forth.

We booked through a TA. But When I experienced trouble with the NCL site I just called NCL and they were more than willing to work with me. 5 minutes after i placed my call I had my edocs printed. We are 4 couples cruising together and all received Welcome Packet from NCL within a day or two of each other. We were the last to receive ours and it arrived on Monday Jan 10th. We sail on Feb 28th.

I am so glad I found this thread. This check-in online process has thrown me for a loop. As many had experienced info entered showed up as incomplete, etc. Last night, I printed them out and the page still shows that they need to be printed.

Questions:

1 First, a stupid one, are the eDocs actually the 11-pages manifest that you print out for each passenger in your cabin?

2. Each set has a different ticket number, but no passenger name. Should I be concerned?

I thought there would be a bar code somewhere, like a boarding pass for the airlines.

By the way, I'd also encountered the frustration of an unhelpful TA (Smartcruisers.com) and the NCL rep bouncing me back and forth.

The edocs that you print is your ticket. The one that I printed was one doc for both my wife and I.

Questions:

Page 2 of the Edocs that you print out should be titled Cruise Ticket. It contains all passengers names and info, including Latitude status, and contains info on the specifics of your cruise. Page 3 is pretty much identical but is titled Guest Ticket Contract, Guest Copy. Page 4 is titled Excursions and Itinerary. The rest of the pages, which I don't print out, are the legal terms of the contract.

Archived