Koningsdam Signature Suite Design

Carol28

First of all, I want to say that it is such a pleasure to be able to ask these questions on this site and get answers.

I've been viewing videos of the signature suites that are on youtube, forwarding from a site called cruisedeckplans. The exact rooms are listed for each video. The room design for the signature suites are different.

Here are my questions:

Are there a variety of room designs for the Signature Suites on the Koningsdam?

Is there a shower head in the bath tub? It doesn't look like it. (I know there is a separate shower stall.)

Is the desk in the room in a separate area? Some videos indicate this, but one shows the desk right next to the couch.

I do prefer the shower head in the bath tub and the desk next to the couch, not in a separate area.

My thinking is that someone inadvertently shared a Signature Suite from another ship and cited it as the Koningsdam.

Thank you. We booked one this week, but if there are several designs, I want to choose more carefully.

First of all, I want to say that it is such a pleasure to be able to ask these questions on this site and get answers.

I've been viewing videos of the signature suites that are on youtube, forwarding from a site called cruisedeckplans. The exact rooms are listed for each video. The room design for the signature suites are different.

Here are my questions:

Are there a variety of room designs for the Signature Suites on the Koningsdam?

Is there a shower head in the bath tub? It doesn't look like it. (I know there is a separate shower stall.)

Is the desk in the room in a separate area? Some videos indicate this, but one shows the desk right next to the couch.

I do prefer the shower head in the bath tub and the desk next to the couch, not in a separate area.

My thinking is that someone inadvertently shared a Signature Suite from another ship and cited it as the Koningsdam.

Thank you. We booked one this week, but if there are several designs, I want to choose more carefully.

There's no shower head in the bathtub, as well as no shower curtain or doors. The shower itself is very small.

I saw the video on the cruisedeckplans website that you're probably referring to, for cabin 7095. According to the deck plan, it's not a Signature Suite, so just a wrong label on the website.

There are two Signature Suites on the Koningsdam (5001 and 5002) that are very different than the others. We were in 5002 this last December. It's the reverse of 5001. There are pictures of 5001 on the halfacts website. As you can see, the desk is next to the couch. However, just as in the rest of the Signature Suites, the couch is underneath the television instead of across from it.

Even though we've enjoyed the Signature Suite on other ships, we probably won't book another one on the Koningsdam. There are two issues that play into this decision. (1) We want a cabin with a decent-size shower. Most of the cabins in the lower categories have a larger shower and no bathtub (which we don't use anyway). (2) We want the couch across from the television, instead of underneath it. Again, we can find that configuration in some of the cabins in the lower categories.

We spent 21 days in Signature suite 7105-I put lots of photos on the site that Old As Dirt Mom posted. Hope this helps you.

We loved the spaciousness of the cabin, the placement of the desk, all the storage etc. We did not like that there was no showerhead in the bath tub. My husband is 6'4" and found the stand alone shower cramped for him. Mainly for this reason we have booked a balcony for our cruise in February on the Kongingsdam as we saw how large the shower is.

We did a relaxing TA in Signature Suite 7114 and found the cabin spacious except for the bathroom

The vista class ships give you an option of showering in either the U shaped Jacuzzi bathtub or in a stall with 31" sides

The Kdam arrangement was totally different. The Jacuzzi bathtub was V shaped top to bottom leaving my wife pinched to say the least. There was no shower head in the tub, just a pull up wand. A curtain was noticeably absent.

the stall with a glass door had 28' sides causing me to have to open the door and back out to retrieve a fallen facecloth. Thank god for a floor mat to soak up the water

The large flat screen TV was across from the bed.

The desk was in a separate small room with a murphy bed. My wife liked the lit magnifying mounted mirror at the desk.

The fridge had a solid wood door in front or the actual appliance which when closed allowed a tremendous amount of heat to build up. We reported this to the front desk and our final survey.

there are only 11 signature suites on the Kdam versus 45 on some smaller Vista class ships. I presume the powers to be are fazing out these accommodations

Enjoy

Bob