FunTimes Splendor Mazatlan/Cabo/PV

WassupBro

Sailed this itin many times. The Fun Times are extremely similar for all the MR itins. CE nights are always the second (Sunday) and sixth night (Thursday) For an added twist some have two sea days down with one coming back. Others are one day down with two coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have specific questions?? I just got back from that itinerary but don't save the Fun Times. I thought that the mix of on board activities and entertainment was very good on this cruise and we have done this one several times on several different ships.

We also just got off Splendor (seaday, Cabo, Maz, PV, 2 sea days). The Funtimes are a really awkward size to try and scan; too big for my scanner and don't photograph well. What questions do you have?

Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread WassUp Bro...

Riff at Sea and/or Banditoo if you could tell me a few things...

1. Do you know about what time embarkation started and what time were they boarding the ship? We have FTTF if that helps

2. Were your sea days pleasant or a bit cooler temps?

3. Was Cruise Elegant nights held on Sunday and Thursday as reported?

4. Since there is no Alchemy Bar, where did you find the best spot hang out with tasty drink options?

5. Disembarkation, what time did they start? The itinerary says 9 am, wondering if it is realistic.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Hi,

I will start with your last questions first.

Disembarkation started around 8:20 for platinum carrying off all your luggage and FTTF was next after us.

There is no bar named "Alchemy" but the bar closest to the comedy club/Morrocco Lounge had the martini tasting that Alchemy usually has so you could get those sorts of drinks there.

Yes, Cruise Elegant night is Sunday and Thursday.

I find the ship itself to be chilly but the area around the pool was warmer than the rest of the ship. The first sea day going south and the last one coming north are of course colder temps than when you are actually off the coast of Mexico.

The ship was late coming in for our cruise because of weather so embarkation was later than what has been reported by other cruisers in previous weeks.

Some folks had reported being on board as early as 11:30AM in other weeks. I'd not necessarily expect that!

Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread WassUp Bro...

Riff at Sea and/or Banditoo if you could tell me a few things...

1. Do you know about what time embarkation started and what time were they boarding the ship? We have FTTF if that helps

2. Were your sea days pleasant or a bit cooler temps?

3. Was Cruise Elegant nights held on Sunday and Thursday as reported?

4. Since there is no Alchemy Bar, where did you find the best spot hang out with tasty drink options?

5. Disembarkation, what time did they start? The itinerary says 9 am, wondering if it is realistic.

THANKS SO MUCH!

As riffatsea notes, our embarkation was delayed as the arriving cruise and debarkation was delayed. We arrived at port about 1015 from LAX, were in the front of the FTTF line. They started letting us into the terminal at 1120 and then we boarded the ship right on the heels of the platinum/diamond at 1220, went straight to our rooms to drop off our luggage (we did not check any luggage).

Other than the last sea day returning to Long Beach, the weather was suntanning (burning) weather and the retractable roof over the pool was open. The final sea day was windy and every time they opened the roof, people wrapped up in towels so the roof was quickly closed again.

Our group was not big drinkers except for some beer or cocktails poolside or with dinner.

Debarkation started about 0815. As FTTF doing luggage self carry, we were off the ship shortly after 0830. Had to be out of staterooms by 0830 and then went straight off the ship.

Thank you both so very much! I was trying to move our flight from 2:10 to 11:40, so based on your posts I think that would be cutting it too tight. I myself am not a big drinker, but like the specialty cocktails, just before dinner. It is good to know about the Morocco Bar for Martini tastings-that's my style, little sips! ;) We sail in May and I appreciate you both helping me stay on track while getting excited!!

Thank you both so very much! I was trying to move our flight from 2:10 to 11:40, so based on your posts I think that would be cutting it too tight. I myself am not a big drinker, but like the specialty cocktails, just before dinner. It is good to know about the Morocco Bar for Martini tastings-that's my style, little sips! ;) We sail in May and I appreciate you both helping me stay on track while getting excited!!

I agree that a 1140 flight would cut it too tight. Your ship may get into Long Beach late like the cruise preceding ours did and LAX can be very slow with security etc. Depending on how much time you have to spare, you could visit the Queen Mary or take the free Passport Bus to the shops or spend a few hours at the Aquarium like we did. The aquarium is great.

We also just got off Splendor (seaday, Cabo, Maz, PV, 2 sea days). The Funtimes are a really awkward size to try and scan; too big for my scanner and don't photograph well. What questions do you have?

Is there anyway to take a picture with your phone and send it? :)