Who Are The New "Legends" In The Carnival Legends Show?

Sailor's Soul

What exactly IS the legends show? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruisers audition in Karaoke for different "roles" (ie Brittney, Sinatra, etc), and are chosen by audience applause (when my father was chosen as Sinatra on the Elation, the staff chose the singers). Winners get an i-pod with the band arrangement & lyrics so they can practice, then on the last night, there is the big show, with crew members doing comedy acts between acts.

My mother wanted to do Shirley Temple, but that "role" was never up for grabs!

Cruisers audition in Karaoke for different "roles" (ie Brittney, Sinatra, etc), and are chosen by audience applause (when my father was chosen as Sinatra on the Elation, the staff chose the singers). Winners get an i-pod with the band arrangement & lyrics so they can practice, then on the last night, there is the big show, with crew members doing comedy acts between acts.

My mother wanted to do Shirley Temple, but that "role" was never up for grabs!

When I was Madonna a few years ago they did not give me the lyrics. It wasn't a huge deal because I know almost every word to every song ever written (almost....) so I just wrote them down from memory. I don't know about the other Legends. The song was also a shorter version of the original so I was on my own when it came to knowing when and where to sing. They also only did two or three auditions at a time. They did Madonna and Gloria last and it wasn't until about 3 days before the show.

It was also cool because they put the name of the Legend you would be on your door in a star for every one to see. I think that was the most fin I have ever had on vacation!

When I was Madonna a few years ago they did not give me the lyrics. It wasn't a huge deal because I know almost every word to every song ever written (almost....) so I just wrote them down from memory. I don't know about the other Legends. The song was also a shorter version of the original so I was on my own when it came to knowing when and where to sing. They also only did two or three auditions at a time. They did Madonna and Gloria last and it wasn't until about 3 days before the show.

It was also cool because they put the name of the Legend you would be on your door in a star for every one to see. I think that was the most fin I have ever had on vacation!

Do you have to actually be able to sing or can you lip sync and win the crowd with antics and such?

Do you have to actually be able to sing or can you lip sync and win the crowd with antics and such?

It's YOUR VOICE & some were great- Dad really fit the role- on one cruise Sinatra sounded more like Willie Nelson!

He got a light up lapel pin & a discount on the DVD We've got some great shots of him with the Showgirls!

He took it so seriously that we were locked out of the cabin so he could practice. He had sung most of the Sinatra stuff, buy hated My Way, but was really serious about making it good. He's joked that he had to skip Happy Hour for the rest of the trip-- won't ever do it again. I've got a video of him up on Youtube.

Edited by ccruisequeen

It's YOUR VOICE & some were great- Dad really fit the role- on one cruise Sinatra sounded more like Willie Nelson!

He got a light up lapel pin & a discount on the DVD We've got some great shots of him with the Showgirls!

He took it so seriously that we were locked out of the cabin so he could practice. He had sung most of the Sinatra stuff, buy hated My Way, but was really serious about making it good. He's joked that he had to skip Happy Hour for the rest of the trip-- won't ever do it again. I've got a video of him up on Youtube.

It was hard to hear...I got some distortion on the video, but from what I could hear he sounded great and he looked amazing.

And yes, most of the folks that get selected do indeed take it very seriously. We want to put on the best show that we can.

Most do pretty well. Not many people want to be embarrased before a 1000 or so of their fellow guests.

Shocked that they dont give you the lyrics of the song you will sing as I would imagine nervousness will make many people forget them.

Most do pretty well. Not many people want to be embarrased before a 1000 or so of their fellow guests.

Shocked that they dont give you the lyrics of the song you will sing as I would imagine nervousness will make many people forget them.

As everyone else said, yes....we had to actually sing. That made it fun for me. They don't tell you what to do except to stand on the mark on the floor. I asked them if I could move around and they said yes but that I had to be at that spot again by a certain point in the song. We had one practice and that was it.

I don't know if they give anyone else lyrics. It could have just been a fluke for the show I was in. I just know that I didn't get any.

I would rather sing for a HUGE crowd then in front of 50 people. When you sing in front a huge crowd, you don't know who is listening and you can tell if they are making fun of you. Being on the stage, You can't even see out into the audience. It was sooooo bright and sort of made me squint a little. My costume was too big but it was fun!

This is me as Madonna. It was hard to sing at the end because the guys were rubbing up against me and bumping me microphone. It was soooooo much fun though. There is actually Britney on this video before me, she was drunk and was messing up BIG TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lNA0jsAAY

the one that bothers me is when they moved the love and marriage show to an evening when they give the piano bar guy a day off and no comedy club that night.

Makes for a boring evening.

Yes, they definately need to rethink that alignment...that is not good....

• 2 years later...

This is me as Madonna. It was hard to sing at the end because the guys were rubbing up against me and bumping me microphone. It was soooooo much fun though. There is actually Britney on this video before me, she was drunk and was messing up BIG TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lNA0jsAAY

Britney being drunk and messing up big time was an understatement. LOL. You did great though:)