8/4 British Isles ... no Liverpool!!

molymoo

Most on this cruise know about the itinerary change which cancels the Liverpool stop ... many Beatles lovers were so disappointed. :(

Well take heart Beatlemaniacs ... my daughter brought this to my attention this morning and although it is not the same ... it might just help a little ...

So sorry your visit to Liverpool was cancelled! We were there only last week on Celebrity Eclipse and, as Jim Avery states, it's a wonderful city over and above the Beatles. I see you're going to Belfast--we were supposed to go there too but high winds and waves forced the captain to cancel this port. My bucket item wish of seeing the Giant's Causeway is still unfufilled. So sad but that's part and parcel of cruising. There's never any 100% assurance that a port that is on the itinerary is still going to be there in actuality. Over the years I have accumulated a long list of missed ports. Ah well. There's always another cruise to rectify that problem! :D

Your cruise ends in the UK so maybe you could take the train up to Liverpool after? That's always a thought.

Was there a reason for the cancellation of Liverpool? An interesting city even without the Beatles connection.

Apparently there are limited spaces for ships to berth in Liverpool and they were full on the day we were to be there. This cancellation/replacement (Glasgow) is specific to this cruise and other British Isle Explorer dates will not be affected. So it goes!

So sorry your visit to Liverpool was cancelled! We were there only last week on Celebrity Eclipse and, as Jim Avery states, it's a wonderful city over and above the Beatles. I see you're going to Belfast--we were supposed to go there too but high winds and waves forced the captain to cancel this port. My bucket item wish of seeing the Giant's Causeway is still unfufilled. So sad but that's part and parcel of cruising. There's never any 100% assurance that a port that is on the itinerary is still going to be there in actuality. Over the years I have accumulated a long list of missed ports. Ah well. There's always another cruise to rectify that problem! :D

Your cruise ends in the UK so maybe you could take the train up to Liverpool after? That's always a thought.

That's a great idea but we are doing the Oslo extension after the cruise so won't be able to do that this time around.

Giant's Causeway is on my bucket list as well and fingers crossed we will be able to make that one!