Harmony - Boardwalk Balcony - 1I vs. 2I

Hi all:

We are considering a last minute booking on Harmony. It looks like an aft Boardwalk Balcony is our first choice, so that we can have a view of the theater.

I have one question that I cannot seem to find an answer to anywhere -- what is the difference between the 1I and 2I stateroom category?

It appears that if we book a 2I it will have an unobstructed view of the theater, but I am curious as to why 1I staterooms seem to receive very positive reviews while 2I stateroom reviews are mediocre at best.

This is our first time sailing RC. Any help/guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

Eli.

Hi all:

We are considering a last minute booking on Harmony. It looks like an aft Boardwalk Balcony is our first choice, so that we can have a view of the theater.

I have one question that I cannot seem to find an answer to anywhere -- what is the difference between the 1I and 2I stateroom category?

It appears that if we book a 2I it will have an unobstructed view of the theater, but I am curious as to why 1I staterooms seem to receive very positive reviews while 2I stateroom reviews are mediocre at best.

This is our first time sailing RC. Any help/guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

Eli.

All of the 1I cabins sleep more than 2 guests and are located randomly throughout the entire boardwalk.

The 2I cabins are premium cabins as they are the 5 aftmost cabins which on Oasis and Allure was not blocked by the purple slide. All of the 2I cabins can only sleep 2.

We've had the last 4 aft cabins on deck #9 of Harmony starboard side and all had basically an obstructed view of the Aqua Theater because of the Abyss .... Enjoyed this location but certainly wouldn't book it again. JMHO

Thanks to you both for the info.

I have noticed on the deck plans that certain state rooms are marked "obstructed view". Is that the issue you are referring to (i.e. the Abyss)? In other words, as long as we avoid aft state rooms marked "obstructed view" is it likely that we will have a clear view of the theater?

We are also considering Level 12 (not sure if the height makes a difference).

Any additional feedback/guidance you can provide is most appreciated!

Thanks,

Eli.

We've had the last 4 aft cabins on deck #9 of Harmony starboard side and all had basically an obstructed view of the Aqua Theater because of the Abyss .... Enjoyed this location but certainly wouldn't book it again. JMHO

Hi Ashland: Just out of curiosity, what is your preferred location on Harmony? This is our first time cruising on RC.

Thanks for the guidance!

Eli.

Thanks to you both for the info.

I have noticed on the deck plans that certain state rooms are marked "obstructed view". Is that the issue you are referring to (i.e. the Abyss)? In other words, as long as we avoid aft state rooms marked "obstructed view" is it likely that we will have a clear view of the theater?

We are also considering Level 12 (not sure if the height makes a difference).

Any additional feedback/guidance you can provide is most appreciated!

Thanks,

Eli.

We have stayed on deck 12 and enjoyed it. We liked it as it was close enough to walk up to the pool deck yet not directly below due to noise.

There will be obstructed views of the theatre from pretty much all the BW balconies. The ones at the back they list as they are the most obstructed because the slides right there.

Personally we didn’t care that the slide was there. Yes it blocked a bit of the ocean view but if we’d wanted an Oceanview we would have booked an Oceanview. We did find the cabins a bit louder on Harmony than the Allure and Iasis even with the balcony door closed but unless you go to bed early it shouldn’t be an issue.

We have stayed on deck 12 and enjoyed it. We liked it as it was close enough to walk up to the pool deck yet not directly below due to noise.

There will be obstructed views of the theatre from pretty much all the BW balconies. The ones at the back they list as they are the most obstructed because the slides right there.

Personally we didn’t care that the slide was there. Yes it blocked a bit of the ocean view but if we’d wanted an Oceanview we would have booked an Oceanview. We did find the cabins a bit louder on Harmony than the Allure and Iasis even with the balcony door closed but unless you go to bed early it shouldn’t be an issue.

Thank you, Ken!

Hi Ashland: Just out of curiosity, what is your preferred location on Harmony? This is our first time cruising on RC.

Thanks for the guidance!

Eli.

I actually booked these last 4 aft cabins when we were sailing with extended family that included 2 toddler grandsons. I thought what fun this view would provide for them. I did book it long before the information about the Abyss and the obstruction it would cause was announced. But we went ahead with an open mind. Glad we tried this location but now we'll go back to our mid-ship cabins...we like deck # 8 when we need the JS cabins to sleep more than two and decks 9-12 (mid ship JS ) when its just the two of us.