Spirit on Western Med/Canaries with 11 MO

M4ttNS

Hi all,

While DW and I have travelled to Europe several times and sailed twice on our own (Celeb and NCL - both caribbean), we will be travelling with our 11 Month old DD. She is an excellent traveller, but this will inevitably a very different type of trip.

We are travelling the Spirit out of Barcelona on Feb 23rd, 11 nights. Ports of Call are Casablanca, Las Palmas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Funchal Tenerife, Granada (Malaga) & Alicante.

We are opting for a cruise so that we can relax (no meals, no packing/unpacking, etc.). Ports of Call are a bonus and we will most likely only get off to walk around, then return to ship to enjoy less busy amenities. However, we are looking for a few ports where we could do an activity which is baby friendly. I believe there is a zoo in the Canaries, any others?

Any tips specific to the Spirit?

PS I'm posting to the NCL board, since I am looking for cruisers with experience at ports in question and the NCL Spirit specifically.

Thanks!

I believe Funchal is in Madeira ....

There are nice gardens for a walk around there.

I've been to Tenerife but not on a cruise so I can't really help you there. I just want to suggest you take a look on the FAMILY CRUISING board under the SPECIALTY CRUISING on the main page to get specific for travelling with an infant. You will got lots of help there, and I'd also like to suggest you go over ot the PORTS OF CALL boards for the specific ports to find out what yo can DIY. You will have to be flexible so things that aren't too far from port so you can get back on board or naptimes if there is a meltdown.

Don't bring a big stroller.... a small folding umbrella type would be best because of the narrow hallways on the ship.

Have a great time.

Hello M4ttNS

Kay and I have been on this cruise before, we can not say much about the ports regards children. But we always say our grandchildren would love the kids pool at the back of the ship.

Stephen

Agree with Wales4ever - Loro Park in Tenerife is lovely, though not near enough to the port to DIY. We took a tour from our ship which just dropped us off at Loro Park, I think it was about an hour's drive there (but it's a while since we went, so I'm not certain).

Have fun... In two days time we will be boarding Spirit for the first time. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. She loves animals so I'll be sure to head to at least one of the two! Have to do a bit more research on getting there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk