Scenic air dept

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:40 PM.
50 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
If you have cruised with Scenic recently...did you have trouble getting flight info?

I知 starting to believe they only have 1 person working in the air dept for the US side and it痴 impossible to speak with her...

I知 finding the customer service to be very frustrating pre cruise.

Is this isolated to me or an ongoing problem?

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
australia
46 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
We are doing Amsterdam to Budapest June 2018 and have booked and paid for our airfares(including upgrade to business class). We told them what airline we wanted to use and they got back to us with the exact flights we had been looking at. We have been advised of our seat numbers and can see them on our booking on the scenic Australia sight. We used a cruise travel agent.
United States
514 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
We got our airfare a few months ago for our Dec 6, 2017 cruise. No problems. Got exactly the flights we wanted. Can see them on the airline's website.
Sorry to hear you are having problem.

SC
349 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
We booked ours and had no problems at all. Very friendly and helped us pick the best options.

Sorry you have had issues.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Shannon

Past Cruises:

*August 2017-AmaWaterways AmaPrima-Rhine River (Basel-Amsterdam)
*July 2017-Carnival Fascination-40th birthday weekend (Bahamas)
*June 2017-HAL Noordam (Alaska with Denali)
*December 2016-Disney Wonder (Western Caribbean)
*July 2016-RCCL Oasis of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean)
*June 2016-Seaborun Odyssey-Mediterranean Cruise (Venice, Italy-Athens, Greece)
*June 2016-Emerald Sun-Danube Delights-First River Cruise (Budapest-Nuremberg)
*March 2016: NCL Getaway-2016 Spring Break last minute cruise thanks to Empress of the Seas cancellation.(Western Caribbean)
*December 2015: NCL Sky-Orange Bowl Bound Cruise (Bahamas)
*April 2015: NCL Getaway-2015 Spring Break Cruise (Eastern Caribbean)
*Feb. 2015: RCCL Adventure of the Seas-20th anniversary cruise (Southern Caribbean)
*June 2014: NCL Epic-Mediterranean Cruise (Barcelona-Barcelona)
*June 2013: NCL Sun (Alaska Cruise)
*March 2013: NCL Pearl- 2013 Spring Break (Western Caribbean)
*Oct 2011: Carvinal Fascination-(Bahamas)
50 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Hmmm...so weird!!! I知 having the worst trouble...I値l try again tmrw Thx everyone...they seem to have plenty of staff on the Canadian side but not the American side.

United States
514 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by mom2travel
Hmmm...so weird!!! I知 having the worst trouble...I値l try again tmrw Thx everyone...they seem to have plenty of staff on the Canadian side but not the American side.

Can you give us some details? Can you not get them on the phone? Are they not offering your preferred flights?

Triangle area, NC
865 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
I had similar problems for the cruise I just got off of. The timing that had been described in the materials came and went, and still no booking. My TA called, and they told her it would be another week. The week came and went, and no booking. She called again, and was told they were doing it on a rolling basis, and would get to us eventually. I called. Same thing. Polite, but vague.

I was concerned because my local airport has only one direct flight a day to Paris, and I did not want a circuitous routing. Finally, with a tip from someone, I found a person to help, and got the desired booking.

The U.S. office seems horribly understaffed (actually, so did the ship, but that's a matter for the review I'll be writing shortly). I expect that's because the U.S. has historically supplied little of their market. But that appears to be changing: it was announced on our cruise (Bordeaux) that, for the first time in Scenic history, U.S. nationals comprised the majority of the passengers on the ship--which was sailing full. So, let's hope that they start staffing the U.S. operation accordingly.
50 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Yes that was exactly the problem I was having. They said they would email me flights by the end of the day and then a week would go by. Kept calling and getting the run around, then didn稚 care for the flights they offered, they were trying to charge me extra 1st because I was not flying out of a gateway so I switched to a gateway and then they wanted to charge me for switching flights! I ended up talking to 3 different people and finally have flights confirmed but overall was NOT a good experience and literally took more then a month glad others are having a better experience.