Disembarkation New Orleans & Timing Hired Car Pick Up

Purple_Pig

I've never sailed in or out of New Orleans and this is only my second time on Carnival. On the Dream if that makes a difference.

Currently need to book a car to pick us up at the port. What is a reasonable time to have them pick us up? We have too much luggage to self carry and are in no rush as we're spending a couple of days in New Orleans after the cruise. I was thinking approximately 9:30. After the initial rush but way before the cut off time.

We do have FTTF but I don't believe that affects your time to leave?

Also, it will be Easter Sunday so I'm not sure if that's going to add to any timing issues.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Just off the Dream last month, February. Ship docked at 7:00. Self help called about 8:30. I'm platinum and have a #2 debark time about 9:00. It seemed no one waited for their appointed time and everyone tried to leave at same time. Security did not do their job and hold them back. It took about an hour to go down the packed ramp to the terminal. Found bags rather quick and got through customs, no line.

So I think, unless you get off very quick, 9:30 might be too early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just on the Breeze last week..... FTTF did have priority leaving the ship, right after Platinum/Diamond guests. We had an early flight, and left in the group right after that, so off the ship by 8:30am. No kidding, fastest we have EVER gotten off a ship.

Might be different for Dream.

robin

Not sure why you would need to book a car in advance??

IF you are only going to a hotel in New Orleans you can either walk off the ship and grab a taxi that will be waiting or use your phone to call an Uber/Lyft car as you are walking off the ship. All will be waiting right there at the port.

Both are quite inexpensive.

I agree with riffatsea. No reason to worry about time if there's no car waiting, just call as you leave customs or just grab a waiting taxi.

I've sailed out of NOLA a few times. One trip there was a problem in customs, we were off the ship but backed up in the gangway. We were stuck there for over an hour, then another hour or so once we got into the building. We didn't leave the port until after noon.

If I had a car waiting I would have been very upset. Too many variables, IMO.