Plaza Beach Resort vs. Spice Beach Club

cruisecookie

How do the Plaza Beach Resort and the Spice Beach Club compare? We are looking for a beach with nice clear water where we can rent loungers and umbrellas. We like to take our lounger right to the edge of the water. We also want nice bathroom/ changing/ showering facilities as well as a restaurant and drinks.

• 4 weeks later...

The Plaza Beach Resort is an AI resort with a guard at the gate. Not sure you could get in if you wanted to. The water is really rocky. Some of the beach has like a rock jetty built in between. The waves coming could throw you somewhere you don't want to be. Just something I've noticed walking through to the marina.

• 2 months later...

we went to spice/coco beach last week.there were a bunch of us so the taxi over was 2.50 each the water taxi is 5 dollars each and to takes you from right on the beach straight to to dock/port.to get the taxi you walk straight to the taxi stands. there were chairs for 5 dollars each in shade.there is a drop off at spice beach plus under water coral bed at spice beach the coco side is more sand for swimming .but I say take a snorkel and mask.the people at spice beach were so laid back. my husband was mostly sitting at the table drink beer so they didn't charge him anything there was a restroom and changing room by the pool and bar I swam for 2 and a half hours then I wanted to go back. it was a perfect day at the beach but it was hot. oh wear water shoes or old flip flops in the water on the spice beach side.

we went to spice/coco beach last week.there were a bunch of us so the taxi over was 2.50 each the water taxi is 5 dollars each and to takes you from right on the beach straight to to dock/port.to get the taxi you walk straight to the taxi stands. there were chairs for 5 dollars each in shade.there is a drop off at spice beach plus under water coral bed at spice beach the coco side is more sand for swimming .but I say take a snorkel and mask.the people at spice beach were so laid back. my husband was mostly sitting at the table drink beer so they didn't charge him anything there was a restroom and changing room by the pool and bar I swam for 2 and a half hours then I wanted to go back. it was a perfect day at the beach but it was hot. oh wear water shoes or old flip flops in the water on the spice beach side.

I am a little confused about getting to Spice Beach. Did you take a taxi or a water taxi from the ship to Spice Beach? Also, do you remember the price of the beers?