Viking Air ticketing flights

marylovestotravel

Cyber Cat,

You got Delta One for only $50.00 more! :D Wahoo!

I would orignally have a non stop Delta flight to SJU from MSP, but that disappeared forever after the hurricane.

By the time I got our TA up to speed about my booking , Delta was not a option.

We got a great price for Viking air when we booked this sailing back in July 2016. Even with the air plus, deviation, and a $95.00 upcharge fees for my flights, it is still cheaper than anything I could do on my own.

Cyber Cat,

You got Delta One for only $50.00 more! :D Wahoo!

I would orignally have a non stop Delta flight to SJU from MSP, but that disappeared forever after the hurricane.

By the time I got our TA up to speed about my booking , Delta was not a option.

We got a great price for Viking air when we booked this sailing back in July 2016. Even with the air plus, deviation, and a $95.00 upcharge fees for my flights, it is still cheaper than anything I could do on my own.

I thought it was some kind of mistake but their site let me book it! Delta Comfort was sold out for the flight I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azulann....were these costs for flights and schedules/dates that you chose? Were these for economy class - did you have the option to upgrade

To comfort or Business? Thanks much!

I got flights with one connection going both ways in economy. Delta was not an option . Have no idea why. Delta was a option last Aug according to my TA

For the one connection flights to and from it cost me $50. Air plus and $95.00 upgrade for these particular flights in economy. I did not ask about upgrade to Economy Comfort. I hope I could do it through the airlines. Business class is not in my budget for this vacation.

The actual seats are all aisle and in middle of planes.

I still don't know if I could done better if I did not have the TA. Some things did not add up with him in our communications .

Hope this makes sense for you?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We’re on Mar 17th version of your VO Cruise. SJUto SJU

Viking Air issued first offer 11/14/2017 Flying United Economy on all 4 legs SEA to EWK and EWK to SJU arriving @ 12:15 PM inside aisle and seat next with return the same.

Viking Air did not offer BC on these flights.

We were able to upgrade all four legs to UA Premium Economy, select window-next seat and received new Viking Air Itinerary 11/22 at a cost of $50 to VA. Our TA 20+ yrs. makes it for us. J

Edited by bcorre2
format

We’re on Mar 17th version of your VO Cruise. SJUto SJU

Viking Air issued first offer 11/14/2017 Flying United Economy on all 4 legs SEA to EWK and EWK to SJU arriving @ 12:15 PM inside aisle and seat next with return the same.

Viking Air did not offer BC on these flights.

We were able to upgrade all four legs to UA Premium Economy, select window-next seat and received new Viking Air Itinerary 11/22 at a cost of $50 to VA. Our TA 20+ yrs. makes it for us. J

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your info. I have contacted my Viking rep several times re: my flight info so we could upgrade to Business Class. He said tix were in “quality control”. After reading CC, tonight I went to American website and paid 300. for an upgrade to extra leg-room for two seats round trip. There was no opportunity to get Business upgrade. Guess I felt with 50+ days before our trip, I better get what I could. Feeling concerned and uneasy with Viking at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

You sure can! Please have your Travel Agent call or email us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can arrange this for you.

Looking forward to cruising with you.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Well things do change so I would suggest that you take this offer up as soon as possible. We booked a trip about 16 months in advance and paid for it in full well before the deadline and were told we could not book flights...period. We will be coming out of Bergen and were told Viking Air was not available. Then something happened. The policy changed and we were not notified ...now you can book thru Viking Air. Too late for us. We have just been assigned our flights and they are less than desireable. In fact, we booked a trip with Viking about 20 months ago and got great flights into Barcelona. This next trip begin in Barcelona again but we cannot get the same flights in.

We are flying from the west coast of the USA to Puerto Rico and with our Viking tickets have been unable to upgrade our seats on American Airlines. It is an 8 hour air time...but Viking did not offer upgrades because it is a “short domestic flight” and the airline will not sell upgrades because of the type of bulk purchase seating. It will be a long, cramped flight. I guess free air is worth what you pay. And yes we paid $150 each extra for custom air to get the shortest routing.

Edited by lovelyladi

You all are making me nervous about our 10/18 cruise out of Barcelona (from MSP). Our flights are not booked yet, but we told our TA we want business class via Viking Air. We are newbies to all of this and thought doing everything through Viking would make make everything hassle free including transfers.

So what is Air Plus? Do we need Custom Air to be assured a decent business class flight? Why is this so difficult and frustrating for people?

We are flying from the west coast of the USA to Puerto Rico and with our Viking tickets have been unable to upgrade our seats on American Airlines. It is an 8 hour air time...but Viking did not offer upgrades because it is a “short domestic flight” and the airline will not sell upgrades because of the type of bulk purchase seating. It will be a long, cramped flight. I guess free air is worth what you pay. And yes we paid $150 each extra for custom air to get the shortest routing.

Were you able to at least pay extra for seats with extra legroom? It is a long haul - and takes more or as much time as from the East Coast to Europe where those upgrades are available. Have you tried tellus@vikingcruises.com?

For our upcoming flights from Tucson to Miami, the seats that Viking reserved for us on AA were less than ideal. We logged onto the AA web site with the AA reservation number that Viking provided and upgraded our seats, paying the appropriate fee.

You all are making me nervous about our 10/18 cruise out of Barcelona (from MSP). Our flights are not booked yet, but we told our TA we want business class via Viking Air. We are newbies to all of this and thought doing everything through Viking would make make everything hassle free including transfers.

So what is Air Plus? Do we need Custom Air to be assured a decent business class flight? Why is this so difficult and frustrating for people?

"Business class is available as a upgrade through Vikng Air for Transoceanic flights, "not domestic within the US, Europe. Go to your MVJ and read the FAQ about air and upgrades. If you told your TA you want to price business through Viking Air , then your TA will do that and get back to you, once the flights become available form the airlines.

What other posters are talking about is upgrading to comfort economy , which you can do for most tickets that have been issued. I went to the UA and AA paid for for the upgrade on thier web site. I had my confirmaiton code. Upgrading to busienss class is not possible once you have been ticketed, if a transocean flight. Going to PR is considered a domestic flight. It is part of the US, it is not a Transoceanic flight if you live in the US.

Also some cruises are "air included". So I am sure they got ocnsolidators tickets , but as the poster said, it was "free" or no additional price for air.

One can always buy your own air and still cruise Viking Ocean.

Relax and let your TA do the work while you prepare to see Barcelona and have a great cruise next fall.