Rocket Launch Cape Canaveral Today!

iahawkfan21

For anyone in/near Port Canaveral today, there is a SpaceX Falcon launch from Cape Canaveral next door scheduled for 1033 EST this morning. You'll be able to see the launch very clearly, and they are returning the 1st stage back to Cape Canaveral approx. 8 minutes after launch. Launch, landing, and possible sonic boom all in less than 10 minutes, it's definitely worth a look up!

folks on the ships in port (boarding day) .... a Disney and MAJESTY RCCL .... should have had an EXCELLENT view .... I live a wee bit further south and the launch was very clear as was the landing ..... I could see one positioning fire on the way down and the final burn to landing. Should have been spectacular from the upper deck of a ship at the port (saw some shuttle launches from there)

Edited by Capt_BJ

spaceflightnow.com is a great website. It was a fantastic launch. The countdown went smoothly and I managed to duck outside and watch the launch and landing. Also managed a really good sonic boom as well right before touchdown. Our office on Cape Canaveral is about 2-3 miles from the ships, so got a great view of all phases. Top deck of the ships would be a great view. The boom was loud enough my wife (who's witnessed several of them) got startled inside our house in Satellite Beach 30 minutes south of the port. Next launch with a Cape landing should be in January.