Going on the legend would like to do snorkeling Belize or Grand cayman?

hotlipss

For snorkeling, we used Coral Breeze tours...did a snorkel beach break combo in Belize. You really need to do a tour in Belize as there is not much at the port area and there are no beaches nearby.

For Grand Cayman, I highly recommend a snorkel/swim with the stingrays excursion, and there are a number of independents who do this. Our favorite was Moby Dick, but we also used Nativeway and they were fine, too. It is a great experience to be with the stingrays in the wild. There are lots of them and they are very gentle and used to being around people. Love it! Most of those excursions also take you to a snorkel spot. The water is often rough around GC, so sometimes the snorkeling is not possible.

Grand Cayman is often missed due to weather. If that was my last stop, I'd snorkel elsewhere in case you don't get to stop there. We missed GC a few weeks ago, and we were soooo looking forward to swimming with the rays!

Which is better?though the ship or on your own?Thanks so much!!

I can't think of any good reason to book a tour with the ship. Both ports are easy to book private tours, either ahead of time or at the port (go on your ship's roll call and book something with up to 8 in a group).

The private tours go where you want, when you want, you save about half of the ship's price, you don't have to wait for 50-100 others to get together...stop shopping...using the bathrooms,....just forgot what time it was.....

If you read these boards, you will find the scare tactic that some use of not getting back to the ship on time is total bunk. The professional tour operators do get their people back on time. If they didn't, their business would be ruined. I can understand being cautious if you are traveling overseas and have a tour which drives hours into the interior of a country, but Grand Cayman and Belize are easy to get around.

As for which is better, I prefer Belize because of the clarity of the water, the diversity of the fish, and the coral reefs at various depths. Grand Cayman has many great spots too, so you really can't go wrong with either....unless you book with the ship and like to throw money away.

Have fun!

The Grand Cayman snorkling with the Rays is fun. We did something regular snorkling, then the rays, and then lunch at Rum Point.

But I think the regular snorkling would be much better in Belize.

Could you do both? If you do private excursions, two snorkling trips would be roughly the price of one Carnival excursion.

Which is better?though the ship or on your own?Thanks so much!!

Neither Roatan has much better snorkeling than either out on the west end of the island, not where carnival docks. Snorkel from shore at Tabayana beach.

Archived