Scenic Tours - News Flash - Danube River

Stratheden

From Scenic's Facebook Page

*NEWS FLASH RE DANUBE RIVER*

Due to the recent low water levels experienced on parts of the Danube River, there has been minor impact to our sailing schedule.

Due to these circumstances:

- Gems of the Danube River Cruise departing Budapest on 30 June (PNB300614.2) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Ruby.

- Jewels of Europe River Cruise departing Amsterdam on 2 July (STC020714.1) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Diamond.

- Gems of the Danube River Cruise departing Nuremberg on 7 July (PNB040714.1) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Ruby.

- Jewels of Europe River Cruise departing Budapest on 14 July (STC140714.2) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Ruby.

- Jewels of Europe River Cruise departing Budapest on 16 July (STC160714.2) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Diamond.

- Romantic Rhine and Moselle River Cruise departing Amsterdam on 28 July (AMBA280714.1) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Ruby.

- Jewels of Europe River Cruise departing Amsterdam on 30 July (STC300714.1) will now be embarking onto the Scenic Diamond.

All other details with regards to embarkation and the cruise itinerary remain unchanged.

https://www.facebook.com/ScenicTours?ref=ts&fref=ts

Hi Stratheden, shows they are being pro-active rather than re-active. It looks like Ruby is deeper drafted than Diamond, I bet they wish they were both the same draft as their newer boats these seem to be extremely shallow drafted if the data I found is believable. In the UK we have some rain forecasted and it is Glastonbury weekend which in past years has turned into a mud bath so will do the rain dance for Europe just to top up the rivers for the next couple of months.

Yes they are and that is good. I quite enjoyed reading the comments on FB from those that cruised last year in the floods. They commented on how well Scenic coped in that emergency and arranged boat swaps so effortlessly.

We arrive in London on 29th August and start cruising from Budapest 17th September.

I hope it rains before then.

The rain dance worked well at least in our part of the UK steady rain just what we need. Heard from Scenic today our first night in Paris will be in a hotel(5*) so I rang to find out why, evidently Scenic Gem will be later getting to the Seine the first cruise is still on but will start a day later, so we on the second cruise are pushed back a bit. Other half getting a bit pesamistic but I am keeping the faith.

According to Marine Traffic Scenic Gem is on the move!

Sat watching the World Cup USA v Germany and guess what it's raining in Brazil, no score yet, USA and Germany are doing far better than UK did.

We disembarked the Sapphire in Bucharest on the 23rd. Water levels were not a problem on this eastern Danube itinerary. The cruise director and more than 50 passengers had boarded in Amsterdam while we hadn't boarded until Budapest. Numerous passengers and the cruise director said that Scenic had transferred passengers from one boat to another rather than turn the cruise into a coach tour. I don't have any specific information, but hope this may lesson your anxiety.