Croisi Europe

PA newbie

Looking at May, 2015 cruise with Croisi from Strasbourg to Vienna. They advertise as more ships on European rivers than anyone, but they seem to be flying under the radar compared to the more popular lines. Even here, there's little posted in reviews by guests or Cruise Critic. I would appeciate some knowledgeable information if there's any out there. Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Croisi has only this year started marketing to the American Market. They have been primarily catering to French and German. Just read a trip report a couple days ago and the US couple enjoyed their trip but there was only 4 English speakers onboard.

That is why there is little about them yet on these boards....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app Edited by nana541

Hello PAnewbie,

CroisiEurope have followed other European companies in targeting the North-American market. While interest in Germany is not increasing much, river cruising is still getting more popular in the US and Canada. A first detailed report on river cruising came out a while ago. According to this, 24% of cruisers on European rivers came from North America.

One problem with this is the language barrier. So from what has been reported by a poster here on CC was that they could not get an English guided tour on their cruise, minimum number of guests had to be ten.

If that is a problem for you, I would suggest you address this with your TA or look into another company.

Two other European companies with the possibility of catering to speakers of English (native or not) are ARosa and Transocean.

Neither of them do the itinerary you have mentioned, but might have something similar. CroisiEurope is based in Strasbourgh.

I have had a look round a CroisiEurope ship on an open day and found it appealing with a French feel to the interior decor.

When I saw the SS Antoinette and a CroisiEurope ship moored next to another the difference in style and "luxury level" was obvious. This is just to say that they have a different emphasis on what a modern crusie ship should look like. Your enjoyment of the cruise depends on so much more than this.

Have fun planning.

notamermaid

I have taken 2 Croisi cruises with my third next month. Each has been booked through a tour operators package. At least 3 British tour operators market Croisi Cruises on differing dates thoughout the season. If you were able to find out which dates these companies send guests then you can be assured that many English speakers will be on board.

One caution I found when doing some research on Croisi is that their cabin sizes was significantly smaller than some of the other lines. If this may be an issue, make sure you take a look at this. When I did my Avalon cruise, my cabin size was 172 sq ft and I would not have wanted to go any smaller. It was small, but comfortable for 2 with the beds made up as 2 twins beds.

[quote name=' have had a look round a CroisiEurope ship on an open day and found it appealing with a French feel to the interior decor.

When I saw the SS Antoinette and a CroisiEurope ship moored next to another the difference in style and "luxury level" was obvious. This is just to say that they have a different emphasis on what a modern crusie ship should look like. Your enjoyment of the cruise depends on so much more than this.

Have fun planning.

notamermaid[/QUOTE']

Can you explain ?? Was one ship a Lux and the other not?? Sorry which is which and could you clarify a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I booked our three Croisieurope cruises with the main uk operator. Croisieurope who now market direct in the uk through their own website. On our Rhine trip there were 7 English speakers, on the Douro 11 and on the Garonne 6. Hope that helps. The cabins are small but comfortable with big windows that you can open and new flat screen tvs. Plenty of storage plus safe hairdryer etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, yes, my fault:

[quote name='nana541']Can you explain ?? Was one ship a Lux and the other not?? Sorry which is which and could you clarify a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote]

Oh, yes. My mistake.

The SS Antoinette is the most luxurious river cruise ship I have seen so far. google pictures might give some idea. The CroisiEurope ship looked a little like the Viking Sun, it had a more traditional feel. The crew members on the SS Antoinette had smarter uniforms. The hull of the SS Antoinette had a more modern design with an appealing neon light, a cut above the CroisiEurope's design in my opinion.

The one I saw the interior of was the MS Gerard Schmitter.

The oneI saw moored next to the SS Antoinette I cannot remember the name of.

I did not mean to say that there was anything wrong the appearance of the CroisiEurope ship. Just difference in style and luxury-level as seen from an onlooker.

notamermaid