Giant's Causeway 6.5 hr tour from Belfast on Celebrity

TargetsMom

Can someone who has taken this tour through Celebrity tell me if you saw much of Belfast on your way "out of town" (or on the way back to the ship) and if the tour guide provided much information about points of interest in the city? I really want to see Giant's Causeway but hubby also wants to see a bit of Belfast when we sail on Eclipse next May.

Thanks for any info.

kathy

I've just posted on another thread about taxis in Ireland and thought this might be an alternative. We have been on a ship's excursion in Ireland but we used a local taxi company after a recommendation in these boards. We pre booked a taxi in Belfast with Value Cabs to take us to the Giants Causeway and other attractions in the area. The driver was brilliant, really knowledgeable, amongst other things he should us where you can get in for free to see the Giants Causeway. It's a public path, nothing illegal, but most people visit through the visitors centre which incurs a charge. After 4-5 hours in the North Coast area he drove us back to Belfast and gave us a tour. Sorry I can't help with the cost as the brother-in-law paid for this.

Can someone who has taken this tour through Celebrity tell me if you saw much of Belfast on your way "out of town" (or on the way back to the ship) and if the tour guide provided much information about points of interest in the city? I really want to see Giant's Causeway but hubby also wants to see a bit of Belfast when we sail on Eclipse next May.

Thanks for any info.

kathy

We did a great Giant's Causeway tour with Odyssey, it was a lot cheaper than X. We did see some of Belfast.

Thanks for all the comments. 4774Papa, I am booking us with Odyssey. Their Giants Causeway excursion for cruisers does finish up with an "extended tour" of the city, so hubby will be happy. And as you said, it is cheaper than the cruise line. One more port checked off the list!

kathy

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the comments. 4774Papa, I am booking us with Odyssey. Their Giants Causeway excursion for cruisers does finish up with an "extended tour" of the city, so hubby will be happy. And as you said, it is cheaper than the cruise line. One more port checked off the list!

kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for the information. I emailed Odyssey now for our trip in May. Thanks