Debarkation Copenhagen...Time?

JROMom

Hello, we are booked on the August 9/2018 Northern European Cruise on the Breakaway. We are starting to explore flights and are wondering what time people recommend for a return flight? We can get a return flight home at 11:05am but I'm not sure if that's too early?

Thank you!

The airport is at the other side of the city from the port, so it can take a little while to get there, especially if it’s a week day.

The other issue is that taxis aren’t as reliable as in some other ports. You would certainly want a transfer organised rather than queueing for a taxi.

Ideally, you would want a flight a bit later than that. How early do you need to check in, and what time are you due to arrive in port. I would want a minimum of an hour, preferably a bit longer, between arrival time and the time you need to check in. You will probably need to carry your bags off as well.

If possible, if go for a flight a bit later, if only to avoid the stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The airport is at the other side of the city from the port, so it can take a little while to get there, especially if it’s a week day.

The other issue is that taxis aren’t as reliable as in some other ports. You would certainly want a transfer organised rather than queueing for a taxi.

Ideally, you would want a flight a bit later than that. How early do you need to check in, and what time are you due to arrive in port. I would want a minimum of an hour, preferably a bit longer, between arrival time and the time you need to check in. You will probably need to carry your bags off as well.

If possible, if go for a flight a bit later, if only to avoid the stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! The cruise arrives back on a Saturday which I guess is good and it's scheduled to get into port at 7am. We will see if we can find something around noon to make it a little easier.

We are going on the July 13th sailing doing the same itinerary and had the same concerns regarding taxi availability. We have quite a generous OBC amount so we were planning on stumping up the $30 each for the NCL transfer to the airport to avoid the hassle. I read a lot of companies in Copenhagen won't let you book in advance, as they've been let down by people who have a booking but just jump in the first taxi they see on leaving the ship.

Our return flight leaves CPH at 12:05PM and we aren't worried about making it to the airport on time. I have read that NCL won't let you take their shuttle if you have a flight before 12:30PM, but it's a risk I am prepared to run as they leave on the early side, so you get to the airport about 3 hours before the flight rather than the usual 2 hours I would leave.

Hello, we are booked on the August 9/2018 Northern European Cruise on the Breakaway. We are starting to explore flights and are wondering what time people recommend for a return flight? We can get a return flight home at 11:05am but I'm not sure if that's too early?

We were on the Serenade of the Seas in June 2017 and our return flight out of Copenhagen on SAS was at 12:25pm (on a Saturday). We, too, were worried about the taxi situation and booked the transportation to the airport through the ship. However, when we disembarked there was someone (near where you pick up your suitcases) who was asking people if they needed a taxi and then directing people who wanted a taxi outside. The taxis weren't sitting out in front of the terminal, they were in a lot right next to the terminal and I suspect when a taxi was needed, it was called to the front of the terminal.

My issue with the ship's transportation is that the bus dropped everyone off at the same place, which was not the terminal we needed for SAS. So we had to walk a ways to get to the SAS terminal and if we'd had a taxi we could have been let off at the terminal we needed. But we did have plenty of time.