Xpedition All Inclusive question...

skittl1321

After reading the "is Celebrity nickel and diming us" thread, I was wondering- does anyone know the history of WHY the Xpedition is all inclusive?

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol (and have had 3 cruises with accounts closing pretty close to $0) I kind of resent that I'm having to pay more for what is presumably a drink price (looking at the cost of the premium packages on other ships). Though it will be nice to be able to get a soda without thinking about it.

I know the itinerary would be expensive no matter what, and I'm happy with the price we got (look how far out we are booked), but I just wonder why a non-all inclusive line made this decision.

After reading the "is Celebrity nickel and diming us" thread, I was wondering- does anyone know the history of WHY the Xpedition is all inclusive?

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol (and have had 3 cruises with accounts closing pretty close to $0) I kind of resent that I'm having to pay more for what is presumably a drink price (looking at the cost of the premium packages on other ships). Though it will be nice to be able to get a soda without thinking about it.

I know the itinerary would be expensive no matter what, and I'm happy with the price we got (look how far out we are booked), but I just wonder why a non-all inclusive line made this decision.

On Expedition you don't get all the included "bells and whistles" that you get on the other X ships (entertainment, pool band, etc.) so my guess it the all inclusive aspect is how they make the ship more palatable. Also, the tours are so intensive that I wouldn't imagine many people would be up late partying and drinking, so making the alcohol "free" probably costs very little extra. Just my guess based on a description from friends who have sailed that ship.

Is is really about the type of cruise it is. All excursions are included. All tips are included. They made it a painless, cashless trip so everyone could concentrate on enjoying the cruise and the fabulous places they were going to see and experience. It made for a great trip, never worrying about what anything cost. We were able to take all of the excursions, did no thave to pick and chose. I do not think that the additional cost of the drinks to Celebrity were enough to have to charge passengers fo rthem separately. Just my thoughts on a great trip

Is is really about the type of cruise it is. All excursions are included. All tips are included. They made it a painless, cashless trip so everyone could concentrate on enjoying the cruise and the fabulous places they were going to see and experience. It made for a great trip, never worrying about what anything cost. We were able to take all of the excursions, did no thave to pick and chose. I do not think that the additional cost of the drinks to Celebrity were enough to have to charge passengers fo rthem separately. Just my thoughts on a great trip

I agree with this. It is certainly not a cruise where you sit in a bar all evening, or where you sit by the pool and drink frozen cocktails (if there was a pool!) We enjoyed wine with dinner and cappuccino type coffees, but there was very little opportunity for more than a drink before dinner. The cost of providing alcohol would be nowhere near the cost of the drink packages on conventional cruises.

• 3 years later...

All I hear about is mixed drinks, wine and non alcoholic beverages included.

What about for us beer drinkers:confused:?? Any draft or even canned beer? What types?? Thanks, love a cold beer with dinner!:D

All I hear about is mixed drinks, wine and non alcoholic beverages included.

What about for us beer drinkers:confused:?? Any draft or even canned beer? What types?? Thanks, love a cold beer with dinner!:D

There were at least three beer types on board, all Ecuadorian lagers: light, regular, and "premium." Since they were all lagers, I just ordered "a beer" and it was always fine.