Another thread on "those" hamburgers

bktaylor30

A burger is a burger and I like mine plain and simple. And the above info is lots more than I wish to imagine.

I agree much less sitting beside him in the theatre .

Hay buddy is that your stomach making all that noise or do you have a wolverine in your shorts :eek:.:) :D

I've made some really good burgers at home but I never have made, just for burgers, cooked mushrooms, cooked bacon, grilled onions, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, donkey sauce, etc...you get the point. It's not just the meat, which is really good, it's all the toppings too. Heck we just grill the hamburger and put ketchup and mustard, maybe a slice of tom in the summer.

This pretty much sums it up. I am not even crazy about burgers. Its probably been 2 years since I have made one at home and DH won't put them on the grill since they fall apart. When we go out, I rarely order a burger (except the McDouble or Steak n shake or White castle). But I really liked guys burgers. I probably could have just skipped the meat and done bun and toppings. They were greasy. The bun was as well (maybe buttery). I know I had them maybe 3 times in the cruise, which is a lot for me since I probably eat 1-2 burgers a month. Come to think of it, I don't think I ate lunch at the buffet all last cruise. Between late brunch and things like fish and chips, guys burger, pizza and blue iguana, we did not bother. There was nothing really worthwhile anyway- I know because I got food for DD.

Oh- I take it back, we did eat at the buffet one day- taco day. I stood in line forever for those tacos. :D

They're not as greasy as people make them out to be. Who's worried about a little grease anyway. You're on a cruise. They are delicious. I am jealous. Bon voyage! :D

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Cruise Critic forums application.

Big grease fest. I tried one and had only two bites. Yucko. We make way better hamburgers on the grill at home. A really good hamburger shouldn't need greasy bacon, greasy mushrooms, greasy onions and other garbage to make it taste good....IMO. A little lettuce, tomato and fresh sliced onion is good.

BTW, those Guy's burgers are not grilled, they are cooked on a flat top that has been sprayed down with oil.

Big grease fest. I tried one and had only two bites. Yucko. We make way better hamburgers on the grill at home. A really good hamburger shouldn't need greasy bacon, greasy mushrooms, greasy onions and other garbage to make it taste good....IMO. A little lettuce, tomato and fresh sliced onion is good.

BTW, those Guy's burgers are not grilled, they are cooked on a flat top that has been sprayed down with oil.

Do wish they would grill them to eliminate some of the fat but didnt think that with addition of mushrooms and grilled onions they were particularly greasy.

This is one of the things I'm looking forward to most but Y'all are making me nervous. How greasy are we talking? I can do Five Guys, Smashburger and even Burger King but In-and-Out, Braums and McDs make me sick from the grease...

None of mine were very greasy. Less so than a Five Guys Burger. And those, while delicious, seem to give me a stomach ache. IMHO Guy's is better. Mine were also right off the grill, so maybe that's why they weren't too greasy? Don't know.

I think 5 guys is a little greasy.

But the Guys burgers I have had on several different hips are not too greasy.

Probably greasy to some healthy person that lives on salad. Nothing wrong with that. That is my wife.

But I'm on vacation and I'm having a burger. I even order a double.