Napa Valley Vintage Train, Wine and Luncheon Cost?

jeno

We have been trying to plan out our shore activities. We were planning to take the wine train in Napa on our own. We noticed this is a typical San Fransisco shore excursion for Cunard. Prices aren’t listed. Does anyone know how much that excursion was this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever Cunard's cost was you can probably book it for far less on your own.

We know that, but thanks. It would just be much more convenient to get on a bus to take us to the train instead of renting a car and running the risk of missing the train due to traffic, trouble picking up the car or whatever. Just trying to weigh out cost versus less hassle. We rarely take a ship tour, but sometimes it just makes sense. The cost question is more curiosity than anything else, I guess. Appreciate you taking the time to answer.

It seems like you've already investigated, but this is one of those excursions I'd be tempted to either book with Cunard or arrange a third-party tour, but would not get there on my own. It's not real far to Napa, about 50 miles and takes about an hour. And.... since traffic can back up on 101 and across the Golden Gate Bridge, if there's an all-aboard later that day, I might use Cunard, primarily for the no-abandonment guarantee.

The train is wonderful and the lunch was delicious when we took it years ago. However you get there, you should have a wonderful time!

The Napa Wine Train is a fun trip - although it does not actually stop at any winery. If you are hoping to visit some actual wineries, you might be advised to take a different tour.

And I want to second MarkBearSF's comments about the traffic - driving is no picnic in the SF Bay area.