Celebrity Reflection....

nyyhoneybee

With a 6 month old. Any tips or advice? We are booking tomorrow, still not sure about a balcony or not.

What would be a better stroller a snap and go or an umbrella stroller? I can't decide which one makes more sense.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A balcony, IMO, is a must when you have kids who nap or go to bed early....the balcony will give you someplace "to be", so you don't have to sit in a darkened room!

Rmember, you will need to bring any and all "baby specific" items....diapers, wipes, any medications that you MIGHT need.....they don't sell baby stuff on the ship...and if they do happen to have something, it's likely not your brand! Bring what you need!

Also, bring a blow-up tub, unless your cabin has a tub...most only have showers!

I would bring whichever stroller your child will nap in....you can be "out and about" during nap times, if your child will sleep on the go!!

Thanks cb. I need to see if she even likes the umbrella stroller... She'll sleep in her infant car seat which is why I'm considering buying a cheap snap and go I don't want to have to check my good stroller on the plane.

Hubby is saying to do the balcony but I'd rather not spend the extra money and she sleeps really well when we are out and about...

I'll be bringing my pack n play as we have a spare one down by my grandmother's, we would be driving to the port from her.

They provide pack and plays. You need to contact the precruise specialty people to order your formula and food for the baby- that is included in their rate. Someone said there's wasn't on the ship, and another said it took some time to track it down. Either way if you have a special order it needs to be sent in 45 (or maybe 50) days before the cruise. I decided I will bring enough supplies for the first 2 days (until the first port ) and if my food isn't there I will make celebrity rectify that problem during the first port day. I can always ship it via amazon if necessary.

We are cruising with out 7.5 month old in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

So follow up and ask q's at the end of the month and I will have more info.

They provide pack and plays. You need to contact the precruise specialty people to order your formula and food for the baby- that is included in their rate. Someone said there's wasn't on the ship, and another said it took some time to track it down. Either way if you have a special order it needs to be sent in 45 (or maybe 50) days before the cruise. I decided I will bring enough supplies for the first 2 days (until the first port ) and if my food isn't there I will make celebrity rectify that problem during the first port day. I can always ship it via amazon if necessary.

We are cruising with out 7.5 month old in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

So follow up and ask q's at the end of the month and I will have more info.

Thanks. We leave in 3 weeks. We are driving to port from my grandmother's so bringing our own stuff

So you cruise the week after us maybe? I am going MLK week. I can try to log on after I get off and post some things for you. We are bringing an umbrella stroller. It is a nice one, but still an umbrella.

We cruise the week after you then. If you have the time that would be great!

We are debating a snap and go vs umbrella stroller as I don't think she's old enough to be totally comfortable in an umbrella stroller

We cruise the week after you then. If you have the time that would be great!

We are debating a snap and go vs umbrella stroller as I don't think she's old enough to be totally comfortable in an umbrella stroller

How does she sit? My son sits well and is more comfortable in any kind of stroller over a car seat one. But our umbrella stroller is fancy.

I do know that I don't trust the water for my sons formula from my previous celebrity cruises. We have the drink package do I will get water bottles for him. :).

I 2nd the other posters advice- get a balcony cabin. The obstructed view ones are fine and you still have some separate space for nap times, etc

We have a balcony one.

Can I ask why you don't trust the water on the ship?

She doesn't mind her car seat stroller which is why I'm considering it. We don't want to gate check our good stroller which is why we are trying to figure out what to do.

We have a balcony one.

Can I ask why you don't trust the water on the ship?

She doesn't mind her car seat stroller which is why I'm considering it. We don't want to gate check our good stroller which is why we are trying to figure out what to do.

We gate checked our good stroller- which by the way I think is way too big for a cruise ship, but they (delta airlines) broke the bar, which was an add on piece. 10 minutes later they said they would pay for whatever and have it overnighted to us., so honestly, I am not worried anymore about them breaking anything anymore.

I have tasted the water on the ship before, and some of it, like the ones out of the sink, tastes odd after a few hours of sitting. So, I drink it but I am not sure about giving it to my son with belly problems as it is... The filtered water tastes fine in my opinion, I have never noticed a problem.

We gate checked our good stroller- which by the way I think is way too big for a cruise ship, but they (delta airlines) broke the bar, which was an add on piece. 10 minutes later they said they would pay for whatever and have it overnighted to us., so honestly, I am not worried anymore about them breaking anything anymore.

I have tasted the water on the ship before, and some of it, like the ones out of the sink, tastes odd after a few hours of sitting. So, I drink it but I am not sure about giving it to my son with belly problems as it is... The filtered water tastes fine in my opinion, I have never noticed a problem.

I guess I just don't want to take the risk with the good stroller but ours would be perfect for the ship.

I've never used sink water on the ship for anything but to brush my teeth and never had issues with any water I tried but that makes me think maybe we should stick to bottled water.

Now to figure out if we should bring the car seat or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you buy or do you have a blow up pool /bath for you little one. It can be dual purposes- for cleaning baby and to play on the balcony in some water. :). They won't be allowed in the pools.

Just saw this now, we do :)

The kids club had toys to rent out- the most exciting was a Leap Frog standing activity table. We didn't end up getting it to the 3rd to last day which worked out well because he had grown tired of the toys in our cabin. And this way he won't grow tired of the table until we leave.

They gave us sooooo many tubs of Gerber organic baby food- would you be interested in us leaving it for you? I would need your last name and cabin number. I would hate for it to go to waste and we don't have the luggage space for it.