Fantasy trundle bed

amcjeep4life

I have to search...but I do have one. The trundle beds are actually beds that are on the floor of the room in a little frame. My son is close to 6 ft and 200 lbs. I would never ask him to sleep on one. They are ok for small children...maybe. But let me search my pics and I'll try to post it. Be mindful...these beds will be put in your room nightly while you are at dinner most likely and then removed in the a.m. or staged against a wall depending on your cruise line and your request. They will take up the walking space in your room.

There are trundles and rollaways. Rollaways are exactly what you think they are, they get folded up during the day.

Trundles (think pallet) are short enough to fit under the bed, between the legs. It's also a touch narrower. They sit about an inch above the ground. There is an add-on to lengthen it to a proper twin bed length.

If the person is under 4'6" it's fine. Any taller request a rollaway.

The picture posted by Cobra looks to be on either the Triumph, Victory, or Destiny/Sunshine in an oceanview or balcony room. The Fantasy will not have rooms that are set up like that nor that large in any room other than their junior suites. That pic is a good example of what a trundle looks like, but not a good example of what your smaller room on Fantasy will look like. Unless you are booked in a suite, you would have one upper bunk over part or all of one or both regular beds, depending on the arrangement. In my experience, the 2 regular beds were pushed together with the upper bunk over the head of the king bed. The trundle or rollaway will take up almost all the remaining floor space in the main part of the room. Nowhere near as much open space as you see in that pic posted here.

Are all the rooms with 2 bunks taken? I don't understand why else you wouldn't be able to book a room with 2 bunks. The booking engine on their website seems to want to default to forcing groups of 3 & 4 to take a room with a trundle. But if you call them up, you should be able to book a room with 2 bunks if there are any available.

Edited by k2excursion

Here's what it would look like in a fantasy class interior with a roll away (configured for 5.)

Very snug.

[ATTACH]325814[/ATTACH]

For mor room -- separate the lower beds. One goes under the window and the other goes under one of the bunks. The trundle will go under the other bunk.

A trundle bed would be fine for an almost six-year-old. I actually slept on one for several nights when cruising with my husband and three kids because I found it comfortable and easier when I was the last one to get back to the cabin and go to sleep. I am petite and sleep curled up on my side. I wouldn't recommend it for most adults, but it's fine for kids. The steward slid it under a bed during the day, so it was only in the way after dinner. With it out, there was still a small amount of walking space between the trundle and the desk area in our inside cabin on the Victory, which I assume is the same size as a Fantasy inside. The lower beds were separated in a V-shape against the walls, with the lifejacket box in the corner.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

We sailed on the Fantasy with our grand daughter and they put in a trundle bed for her in an interior room. It was wedged at the foot of our bed and there was no room to get around. We had to crawl on the bed to get to the TV. I have a booking for this NYE on the Fantasy with her and have the same set up, her on a trundle. I'm looking at upgrading to an oceanview with a pullout. The more I think about the 3 of us in the room with the trundle, the more I'm leaning towards moving. Anyone sail on the Fantasy Rivera deck? Any problems being that low on the ship?

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the Fantasy with our grand daughter and they put in a trundle bed for her in an interior room. It was wedged at the foot of our bed and there was no room to get around. We had to crawl on the bed to get to the TV. I have a booking for this NYE on the Fantasy with her and have the same set up, her on a trundle. I'm looking at upgrading to an oceanview with a pullout. The more I think about the 3 of us in the room with the trundle, the more I'm leaning towards moving. Anyone sail on the Fantasy Rivera deck? Any problems being that low on the ship?

Keep the lowers as twins, not as a king and you'll have more walking around room with no acrobatics needed.

Or get a triple, with the third above in the bunk. Just watch out for your head.

We love to sail the lower decks.

Edited by SadieN

The Fantasy oceanview rooms are exactly the same size as the interiors. If you move to an OV, you will not have a sofabed for the 3rd person. There is no sofa at all in the room. Not enough room. That's only on the bigger ships. And with those bigger ships, it's not a pullout. The seat of the sofa becomes the bed.

I would encourage you in the same way that I encouraged the OP. Switch to a room that has an upper bunk for the 3rd person instead of a trundle. For some reason, Carnival's online booking engine defaults to putting the 3rd or 4th person in a trundle instead of giving each person a real bed. And I imagine that the phone reps are taught to default that way as well. But if you tell them that you want an upper bunk & not a trundle, and if there is a room like that available, they should let you have it.

Edited by k2excursion

M45 is a true triple with an upper bunk (only one) as an inside on the Fantasy class. We enjoyed that room. We've also done a trundle with my then 12 year old. It is very low to the ground. He slept comfortably, but I would have had issues getting up and down.

Get an upper if you can.

Thanks for the responses and pics. Yes, Carnival defaults to booking you in a double cabin with a trundle bed. I do have a PVP that I have been dealing with since the very beginning of my cruising career, so it looks like I will have to call him and see about getting a room with real beds. There is no way I want a bed in the middle of the room that I know *I* will end up tripping on. I'm sure the almost 6 year old would be perfectly comfortable on it, but to me, it seems utterly ridiculous.

Hmmm. Only time it's defaulted for us is when there are no more triples available or we specifically want a rollaway (we're very much past a trundle).

Have sailed in triples on the Paradise, Elation and Inspiration.

Edited by SadieN

I booked a room for 4 in April 2015, all of us are adult. I thought we would have 4 beds, two bunks, as that is what I requested with my pvp. Upon looking closer I do not. Its only 3 beds with the ability to bring in a trundle bed. I called to change, pvp said she would have to ask, called me back and the answer was no!! :(

This wont make or break the cruise just wish could have worked out

Ask for a rollaway.

What rate did you book? Some allow no changes, some only allow upgrades.

It could be possible to go from, say a 6B to a 6C.

It's also possible that no quads are available. April is Spring Break season.

Edited by SadieN

I booked a room for 4 in April 2015, all of us are adult. I thought we would have 4 beds, two bunks, as that is what I requested with my pvp. Upon looking closer I do not. Its only 3 beds with the ability to bring in a trundle bed. I called to change, pvp said she would have to ask, called me back and the answer was no!! :(

Your cruise actually is not during Spring Break. April is only Spring Break for a few areas of the country. March is Spring Break for most of the country, which is why cruises & hotels are so crazy expensive in March, then much cheaper in April. But for New Orleans cruises, they especially will only have higher demand during Louisiana's Spring Break in early-to-mid March.

The only thing that I can think for you is that you must be booked in an oceanview room, plus you must be booked Early Saver, which means you cannot downgrade. Unfortunately for the Elation, there are not a huge amount of oceanview rooms with 4 real beds. They probably get taken up by this point, even with lower demand sailings. Just browsing your sailing, it looks like they are all booked up. If you are not Early Saver and would be okay with an interior, you could downgrade to an interior with 4 real beds. Carnival will try to keep you from downgrading, because it's less money for them, but push for it. It's allowed, because otherwise, you could cancel, get all your money back, and rebook the interior. If you really want to keep the OV or if you are Early Saver, I would echo the advice to request a rollaway bed instead of a trundle when you get on board. They are longer than the trundle.

Easter is April 5 next year-- so spring breaks will be running until April 12th.

After that-- it slows down.

cricket-- unless there are not other cabins for 4 people left-- do not take taht no for an answer.

if you got 4 people you want 4 beds. dont let them tell you you cant.

what date are you sailing and whay time of cabin did you book?

Edited by serene56

I did a search for your cruise. There are no more cabins for 4 in an oceanview cabin

there are a few inside cabins-- M46, M50 and M54 and M299

and U299

that have 4 beds.

that rollaway takes up too much floor space.

Considering your cruise is NOT a spring break week-- this sailing is almost sold out.. WOWSERS

you want to keep an eye on this right before and right after final payment is due because I would bet that someone is holding massive group space

Edited by serene56