Can you hang a flag from your balcony

tkabrk

it is very windy while you are sailing.

and how will you tie it down??

anyways== we had an aft balcony and honey tied a flag to the railing.

steward took it down and told us it was a navigational issue and we were not allowed to do this

I tied a Saints flag onto a Triumph Balcony, but even in port the wind kept flipping it over the rail and blowing every which way. Maybe if I had attached a bowling ball or something to the bottom it night have stayed put. :D

I think if I put it out when we were at sea it might have been shredded and who would see it anyway?

I tied a Saints flag onto a Triumph Balcony, but even in port the wind kept flipping it over the rail and blowing every which way. Maybe if I had attached a bowling ball or something to the bottom it night have stayed put. :D

I think if I put it out when we were at sea it might have been shredded and who would see it anyway?

Try an anvil....

I hang my flag on the outside of my cabin door..granted, it's plastic with red, white and blue glitter....and individual colored stars...:p

ooooo you reminded me that we have to make a door decorations. (LOL)

I doubt this would be allowed IMO. I know that on most cruise lines they ask that you don't even leave towels etc. on the balconies due to the fact that if someone lets a cigarette go over that it could land on a balcomie and start a fire.

Yup we do it every cruise. The Canadian Flag gets hung up with suction cups( bring alcohol wipes for the window and then stick the cups on it and hang the flag on the hooks)Last cruise people used our flag to find their rooms from the ground.. it is NOT a little flag and is clearly visible from the ground.

Now on the other hand we also hung a small one on our door and got a few nasty grams from some people about our olympic hockey team:p. This time we have family reunion signs going up

Ah- another Carnival "rule" that doesn't get enforced. Wonder which rules are.

From our past few cruises, no rules are enforced. Just returned from Freedom and EVERY night a table for 8 showed up for early ( 6pm ) dining anywhere from 6:45 to 7:15 pm. Sometime there would be two that got there around 6:20 and then the rest would come strolling in later. Our waiter said that happens quite frequently and nothing is done to stop them. ( This was not our waiters table )

I have never understood the need to decorate your door or hang flags on the balcony.

We decorate our door for two reasons, it's fun and it makes our room easier to locate :). It's also fun to have strangers walk by and say "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary".

We decorate our door for two reasons, it's fun and it makes our room easier to locate :). It's also fun to have strangers walk by and say "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary".

We had fun with this last March when we had a bunch of birthdays in our group. We plan to do it again next month!

I think the decorated doors are cool and fun...never done it but dont mean I wouldnt if I get the opportunity. As far as the balcony...I would hang up my Tennessee Vol's flag in a heartbeat...but I dont usually get a balcony....and if the steward takes it down hang it in the window or on the door...no issues there.

Archived