Please Help me Select a Hotel in San Juan

SPEDFREQ

I am torn between these hotels - staying two nights:

-Hyatt City Center ($540 includes breakfast)

-Double Tree ($540 breakfast not included)

-Hampton Inn ($486 breakfast included)

It is 2 adults and 2 children staying. I had originally thought Hyatt was the better choice due to the pool play area - however some of the hotel reviews weren't the best.

Hyatt and Double Tree are very close in location to the Old San Juan tour we have booked and cruise port. Double Tree by far has the better reviews. - But it is also the most costly especially since breakfast isn't included.

Hampton Inn is our regular goto hotel - however this one appears a little dated in the pictures?

On the Friday night we fly in - should arrive at hotel around supper - would like to hit a nice / kid friendly restaurant.

On Saturday we have an Old San Juan City tour and plan to visit the forts / little shopping / beach or hotel pool - would like to hit a nice / kid friendly restaurant for supper.

Have any of you been to these hotels?

Importance

-Proximity to walking to, site see / restaurants / Walgreen's

-Hotel Swimming facilities

-Uber / Cab costs - I think Hampton would end up costing the most (how much to Old San Juan?)

Sorry I know I am rambling - just looking for someone that has been to these various parts of the city and can offer their recommendation on hotel to pick based on above importance

Thanks.

Your 3 hotels are in 3 different areas. Each has their own plusses and minuses.

The Hampton Inn is very close to the airport in Isla Verde. I love the beach at Isla Verde and a must visit if in that neighborhood.

The Double Tree is in Condado. A very touristy area. Also a very nice beach area. Along Ashford Avenue are a number of restaurants. My favorite little breakfast restaurant is Pinky’s. It is across from the hotel La Concha.

The Hyatt is really close to where the cruise ships dock. However it is quite a walk to the beaches. Also very few restaurants.

The bus is .75 and takes right into Old San Juan. (No dollar bills accepted. )

Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm staying at Hampton Inn next weekend and am looking forward to it. They have a free cocktail party from 5-7 pm, pool activities, breakfast and provide you with chairs,toys & coolers for the beach. Across the street Denny's, small family restaurant. The taxi is $13 to there and a extra $1 for each suitcase.

Hope this helps!