CocoCay

tigerdadky

I just did the 4 night Majesty of the Seas a month ago,

it was great...Coco Cay was my favorite stop !!!!

It's a private island, very clean, lounge chairs

and hammocks all over the place. We took a tip

from another site...everyone crowds near the buffet

and the tender slip...we kept walking and walking

along the coast line (15 - 20 minutes away) and it

got less and less crowded and still had lounge chairs

scattered...found a nice quiet spot to relax.

The water was so clear, shallow and warm.

http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/cococay.htm

The BBQ buffet lunch was very nice and it's

only from 11:30am to 1:30pm, so don't miss it.

Seapass works for drinks, just like on the ship. Bring cash to buy items at the market.

Food includes ribs, hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on cob, beans, fruit, deserts, fruit punch, among other items.

What about floats or inter-tubes? Do they have those to rent or buy? I love just floating around in the water.

Please tell me how I am ever going to make it this week? I am so ready to get on that ship next Monday.

I did CCC about 4 years ago and Great Styrup Cay (NCLs island which is next door) last month.

I can tell you CCC is much better. Walk round to the far side of the island to a shallow lagoon away from the crowds. The snorkelling is not very good, if you like snorkelling book a trip at Nassau - much better. Relax in the knowledge that the NCL lot next door are crammed into two tiny beaches while you have acres of room - and better food.

Before we got to Labadee, we received a map of the area. I've also seen these maps scanned on CC. Is there also a map for Coco Cay?

Coco Cay is much smaller than Labadee. I don't really think you'll need a map of Coco Cay. That said, there may a small map in the Cruise Compass the night before. I have been to Coco Cay four times, and I can't remember idf there is a map. :o I never have felt I needed one though.

• 2 weeks later...

There is also a board with a map right at the entrance to the island. It will be on your left by a jet ski. I spent about 2 hours laying in a hammock near there on Wednesday and kept directing people to it. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

My DW and I just got back from CocoCay. It's a great stop in the middle of the Bahamas. As mentioned, everything there is owned by RCCL, but you can make what you want of it. We rented waverunners in the morning. It was great to visit a couple of the nearby islands (Norwegians Great Stirrup Cay, for example). The water was calm which allowed riders to run full out. It was great.

I did some snorkeling which is not great there. However, if you've never snorkeled before it would be a good place to learn, even though the small dock is quite a swim from shore.

There is the opportunity for sun or shade, depending on your pleasure. The island is small enough where you can walk around the entire island, but it's big enough to get away for a little privacy or stay with the rest of the group. I think you'll enjoy it!

Later,

Doug

Thanks dkBryan for the overview of CocoCay. Sounds like i'm really going to enjoy it there. Going at the end of hurricane season so I hope the weather dont affect our ability to stop there. But nothing wrong with a sea day either.

• 3 weeks later...
Before we got to Labadee, we received a map of the area. I've also seen these maps scanned on CC. Is there also a map for Coco Cay?

Coco Cay is a nice island. Here is the map : Map

The bottom part of the map is the less crowded side of the island. This is where I took most of my pictures: Pictures

• 4 months later...

I am going to Coco Cay next week on the Majesty of the Seas and will be there Saturday November 29th.

I am going on this trip solo and thus can't have someone watch over my things and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were lockers for rent on the island. I am concerned about doing the wave runner excursion and where I can store my belongings since I do not wish them to get wet camera, cash, jewlery ect.

If there isn't any lockers, is it a feasable idea to just leave everything on the boat take the tender out for the excursion and then go back on board get my stuff and come back?? This just seems like a heck of alot of work and I hope I wouldn't have to do all of that.

Any help would be awesome! Thank you and all of your pictures and previous posts have been very helpful!.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that there are lockers that can be rented for $3.49 using your setsail pass. However, you can only take your stuff out once instead of continually going back all day. Of course, once you get back from the waverunners, you should not have to worry about that.

BTW, my DW and I did the waverunners in May and had a blast! They take you island hopping and actually cover quite a bit of territory. If you like to go fast, make sure you get toward the front of the line. They put the slower people in the back. They space you far enough apart, though, that you are able to go as fast as you like.

dkbryan:

Thanks so much for the info. Yah I kinda figured I would just store my stuff while I was out on the waverunners and once I got back I was just planning on parking myself in a beach chair with a Cocoloco or at the bar.

I Love going fast on the waverunners as a passenger but I'm really very nervous about driving them. I always hit the gas when I want the break and visa-versa. I guess I'll stick to the back of the pack.

I was at Coco Cay on Nov. 15. I would leave jewelry in your safe on the ship. And the only cash you will need is for trinkets from the local market. All drinks and rentals go on your SeaPass card. Going back and forth on the tender will definitely take up too much of your time. The locker is a good idea, although I didn't see any. But then I wasn't looking for them.

Have a great trip.

Archived