Allure of the Seas Nov 26th.

nimiq

Hello all,

Will be doing a short review soon in the review section but wanted to give a little feel of our cruise here before.

The ship is an Icon by itself. I still can’t believe how sometimes we humans if we put our minds together we can create such amazing machines.

The downside of being that big is that I sometimes felt I was not on a ship. Not enough windows OT portholes when inside to see the ocean.

I also thought the specialty restaurant were not well placed making them not inviting.

The shows on this cruise are all good to very good. The only poor one had to be the two comedians in the main theater one night boring.

The food in the MDR was not the best but still very good and sometime better than expected.

The worst item was the French Onion soup ..not sure if they had not done enough on our night but ours were a total mess.

Did not like the windjammer to small for a ship that size. It seems that the newer ships on other lines have better buffet choices and setup.

We had an inside cabin and was very decent and clean. Actually found the ship to be very clean.

The ports of call all fun and spectacular weather.

This was our second time on an Oasis class ship and now ready to give an other class a try.

Overall great cruise.

If you have question please feel free to contact me.

Sea ya

Éric

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Allure and I too was in an interior cabin...never again. As you pointed out, most of the time you don't even feel like you're on the ship, and then to top it off you can't even see the light of day from your cabin, let alone any water. No thanks.

I am confused by your post in that you say you were in an inside cabin and couldn't see the light of day or water. How would you expect to see either of those in an inside cabin?

We don't book inside cabins for that very reason as I feel they are like being in a closet--or what it would be like being in a closet. We had a Boardwalk balcony where we could see the aft of the ship and also on another cruise on Allure we had an ocean balcony where we could see the ocean anytime we were in the cabin.

OP

I liked where Giovanni's and Chops were located. I thought that Central Park was beautiful and these restaurants were inviting. I can agree with Samba as it is poorly located and Sabor is kind of out of the way. I loved Allure and plan to go on again in Jan, but I know not everyone feels as I do.

I am confused by your post in that you say you were in an inside cabin and couldn't see the light of day or water. How would you expect to see either of those in an inside cabin?

I didn't expect to see either. My point was that I didn't expect having no window or balcony to be as depressing as it was. I'm used to waking up to sunlight. You take it for granted until you get stuck in a small room with no way to see out.

I was on Oasis the same time you were on Allure. I agree with the windjammer size compared to the rest of the ship. I felt that the buffet variety was underwhelming compared to my trip on Independence but the quality was good. I thought with the neighborhood theme they tried going with, there wouldn't be many underutilized parts of the boat but there were tons of places that were dead anytime there wasn't an event/show. e.g. champagne bar, boardwalk, and rising tide bar.

We were on the Allure in October. we didn't get to the Windjammer till the last sea day when it was less busy. Ate at the Solarium café and the Wipe Out café. Wipe out café actually had fresh made to order omelets and better OJ than the other venues. Loved Central Park for evening strolls. Live musicians most nights. Had no trouble getting into shows in the stand-by line. Best show is the Ocean-aria!