Coffee Plantation tour

cheggy

Earlier this year we did the Hacienda Tayutic tour in Costa Rica and enjoyed it a lot. It included coffee, sugar, and macadamia nut production. Also included an orchid nursery and 250 year old cottage on the site. Our guide was full of information and so funny. We really enjoyed the day, learned a lot, and loved the beautiful scenery of the area.

Was the Coffee Tour a difficult walking one? The Guide had it listed as a two for level of difficulty. But we took the Garden Tour...and it was rated a one for walk level of difficulty and it was a killer. We walked for over an hour..stood still for long stretches as we examined different bromiads.. It was a lovely tour, the guide was professional and interesting..but that tour should have been rated a two or even a three for level of difficulty.

The Coffee Tour sounded so interesting. I would love to go back to Costa Rica.

We were visiting friends in Guatemala last November and they took us to the Filadelfia (spelling) Coffee Plantation. It was very interesting and well worth the visit. We learn about coffee from the plants to roasting and packing. After we had a nice cup of coffee and a very nice lunch. This plantation is near Antigua.

Was the Coffee Tour a difficult walking one? The Guide had it listed as a two for level of difficulty. But we took the Garden Tour...and it was rated a one for walk level of difficulty and it was a killer. We walked for over an hour..stood still for long stretches as we examined different bromiads.. It was a lovely tour, the guide was professional and interesting..but that tour should have been rated a two or even a three for level of difficulty.

The Coffee Tour sounded so interesting. I would love to go back to Costa Rica.

I wouldn't say it was difficult, but there were periods of standing for long stretches. We were able to sit for a stretch during a demonstration, plus when we visited the little chapel on the grounds. I'd say more standing than strenuous walking. :)

We did the Filadelphia Coffee Plantation tour in Guatemala in May. It was a fantastic tour. The tour included Antigua--that part wasn't too great as it was mainly a walking tour of the old city. As it was a very hot day, we were happy to get back on the bus. The drive through the country was beautiful and included passing by some active volcanoes. The Coffee Plantation tour included a very delicious lunch. We were on the "mystery cruise" which needed to skip Mexico due to the swine flu. Guatemala was added instead of one of the Mexico ports. I was delighted to find the coffee plantation tour was available.

We were visiting friends in Guatemala last November and they took us to the Filadelfia (spelling) Coffee Plantation. It was very interesting and well worth the visit. We learn about coffee from the plants to roasting and packing. After we had a nice cup of coffee and a very nice lunch. This plantation is near Antigua.

Hope this works. If you go to my web site (1st time I have done this) you will see pictures of the Coffee Plantation.

http://Judee616.spaces.live.com

If you go to my web site, http://Judee616.spaces.live.com you will see some pictures of the Plantation.

Since I am not sure on what I am doing you may have to type or cut and paste the URL into your search.

Has anyone done a coffee plantation tour while on a Panama Canal tour ? I would Like to see one, also the Chocolate City tour? Are these tours worth seeing?

We did that tour on our PC cruise on Zaandam. It was one of the better tours of the cruise - both DW and I recommend it .. they did a nice job and you get to see the countryside.

harry

We have been looking very close at this tour . Does it spend much of the time at the beach or shopping? We would rather spend time on scenery or the plantation.:)

We spent zero time shopping or at beach .. we got on bus for about a forty minute ride to the plantation which was a view of the countryside. Once there, we spent a couple of hours which included demo on how they make the coffee .. how the oxen use to grind up cane or whatever .. and then sampled products they made there .. it was quite entertaining .. The folks at the plantation were very nice and kudos to HAL for that excursion.

on return trip the bus driver stopped along the road so we could see a two-toes sloth that was hangin in a tree. DW and I both really enjoyed it.

harry

Archived