St. Vincent pier

CruisenLexie

• 3 months later...

I'll answer my own question now. There is a very small shopping area before you walk through the gates to get ouside. Actually they are between the gate where they will check for your ID to let you go to the shp and the gate to the outside of the island. We were on an all day excursion with Baleine Tours (Wayne) having a blast and when we got back we needed to go straight to the ship as all aboard was 4:30. I can't say what is beyond the outside gates. I did not see much but I did not go out there.

If you are coming here book a tour and I would suggest Baleine Tours. It is a beautiful island looking at it from the water.

I'll answer my own question now. There is a very small shopping area before you walk through the gates to get ouside. Actually they are between the gate where they will check for your ID to let you go to the shp and the gate to the outside of the island. We were on an all day excursion with Baleine Tours (Wayne) having a blast and when we got back we needed to go straight to the ship as all aboard was 4:30. I can't say what is beyond the outside gates. I did not see much but I did not go out there.

If you are coming here book a tour and I would suggest Baleine Tours. It is a beautiful island looking at it from the water.

Thanks for the info!!

I don't visit St. Vincent until December and any info is helpful.

Can you tell me about any local items for sale at the port or around the island when you were on your tour?

Thanks for the info!!

I don't visit St. Vincent until December and any info is helpful.

Can you tell me about any local items for sale at the port or around the island when you were on your tour?

At the pier we went by so fast I can't really tell you. It was nothing big. You might be able to pick up drinks or liquor, post cards, tee shirts. There was a band playing when we came back to the ship. The shopping area by the ship might have consisted of 10 stores. When we stopped for lunch on the tour there were 2 guys selling jewelry. Some of it was a little unusual. I have no idea of the prices but I know you can deal with them. What was out beyond the outer fence I have no idea. The ship recommended you take a tour on this island. It is definately not built up. The stores were already open when we walked by before our tour so if you are going on a all day tour you might want to check out the stores before the tour.

We were in St. Vincent last Decemeber and took a tour with Wayne ( Baleines tours). We booked this independently from the ship. An excellent day out. Went up the coast with Wayne showing us things of interest along the way - going into bays etc. Stopped at the bay where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean and saw what was left of the set- again really interesting. Onto the fall which had only just re opened at the end of November.

Stopped in another bay for a swim and snorkelling - if you wanted. Rum punch was availble - Waynes special recipe.

As we returned he took us out to sea on the off chance we would see dolphin. We did - loads of them - swimming , playing , jumping- absolutely fantastic and worth the trip alone. Wayne loves his island and is truly proud of it.

I can thoroughly recomment him for a day out.

If you want to find hime google baliene

I also ventured beyond the port gates - there were several stalls with jewellry etc and a couple of bars. The people were incredibly friendly- maybe not many tourists go that far. My friend and I did not feel threatened at any time. There is no real tourist infra structure and that makes it all the moree fascinating.

We were in St. Vincent last Decemeber and took a tour with Wayne ( Baleines tours). We booked this independently from the ship. An excellent day out. Went up the coast with Wayne showing us things of interest along the way - going into bays etc. Stopped at the bay where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean and saw what was left of the set- again really interesting. Onto the fall which had only just re opened at the end of November.

Stopped in another bay for a swim and snorkelling - if you wanted. Rum punch was availble - Waynes special recipe.

As we returned he took us out to sea on the off chance we would see dolphin. We did - loads of them - swimming , playing , jumping- absolutely fantastic and worth the trip alone. Wayne loves his island and is truly proud of it.

I can thoroughly recomment him for a day out.

If you want to find hime google baliene

I also ventured beyond the port gates - there were several stalls with jewellry etc and a couple of bars. The people were incredibly friendly- maybe not many tourists go that far. My friend and I did not feel threatened at any time. There is no real tourist infra structure and that makes it all the moree fascinating.

Thanks for the info!! I have his tour bookmark and likey contact him in September!!

Thanks for the info!! I have his tour bookmark and likey contact him in September!!

You won't have to pay until the moning of the excursion. We just did this in March and everyone with the exception of 2 people which Wayne picked up from a hotel were from our roll call. Bring plenty of sunscreen. There is a ship tour that is very similar but includes a LONG bus ride and costs about twice as much. This is from my cruise review:

St. Vincent – Highlight of our cruise as far as ports go. We did a boat trip with Baleine Tours. Wayne was great. We had about 20 cruise critic members on board with a couple Wayne picked up at hotel to join us. Thanks to Molly and her husband for finding this. It was $80 a person and worth it. We were picked up at 9:30 and returned at 4:15, roaring down the water. FUN FUN FUN. We toured the whole island and it is beautiful. Went to a waterfall. I really suggest water shoes for this as you will be walking on all sizes of rocks (some slippery), small rocks (the kind that like to get in your shoes), there are some steps but not a lot, and it was worth it because the waterfall was beautiful. They will have a bucket when you return to the ship to rinse your feet and shoes off. You cannot wear shoes on the boat. There are seats on the boat in the sun and in the shade. Wayne had run punch, rum, coke, ginger soda, lime soda, beer, water, etc. included in the price. We had lunch at the set for Pirates of the Caribbean. For lunch you had a choice of fish, chicken, and pork. We didn’t like the sauce that was going to be on the fish or chicken so we got pork. It was ok but not recommended. The eggplant and plantain were very good. Lunch orders will be taken by Wayne during the morning so when you arrive at lunch it is ready. If you want to drink something besides water you will need to pay for it. I had a diet coke and it was $1.50, I don’t think it was $2.50 but it might have been. This will bo the only time you have access to a bathroom just so you know. We went to search for whales, no luck, but they did find some earlier in the week. We went to a black sand beach and you could snorkel or swim or lay on the beach. Wayne had snorkel gear, life vests, and noodles. Excellent trip and company.

• 8 months later...
You won't have to pay until the moning of the excursion. We just did this in March and everyone with the exception of 2 people which Wayne picked up from a hotel were from our roll call. Bring plenty of sunscreen. There is a ship tour that is very similar but includes a LONG bus ride and costs about twice as much. This is from my cruise review:

St. Vincent – Highlight of our cruise as far as ports go. We did a boat trip with Baleine Tours. Wayne was great. We had about 20 cruise critic members on board with a couple Wayne picked up at hotel to join us. Thanks to Molly and her husband for finding this. It was $80 a person and worth it. We were picked up at 9:30 and returned at 4:15, roaring down the water. FUN FUN FUN. We toured the whole island and it is beautiful. Went to a waterfall. I really suggest water shoes for this as you will be walking on all sizes of rocks (some slippery), small rocks (the kind that like to get in your shoes), there are some steps but not a lot, and it was worth it because the waterfall was beautiful. They will have a bucket when you return to the ship to rinse your feet and shoes off. You cannot wear shoes on the boat. There are seats on the boat in the sun and in the shade. Wayne had run punch, rum, coke, ginger soda, lime soda, beer, water, etc. included in the price. We had lunch at the set for Pirates of the Caribbean. For lunch you had a choice of fish, chicken, and pork. We didn’t like the sauce that was going to be on the fish or chicken so we got pork. It was ok but not recommended. The eggplant and plantain were very good. Lunch orders will be taken by Wayne during the morning so when you arrive at lunch it is ready. If you want to drink something besides water you will need to pay for it. I had a diet coke and it was $1.50, I don’t think it was $2.50 but it might have been. This will bo the only time you have access to a bathroom just so you know. We went to search for whales, no luck, but they did find some earlier in the week. We went to a black sand beach and you could snorkel or swim or lay on the beach. Wayne had snorkel gear, life vests, and noodles. Excellent trip and company.

Great information...thanks..This sounds like what we want:D

• 11 months later...

this is our last port of call on our cruise ,and was wondering what to do ...

are there any other tours / excursions for less than $80 per person ? already spent loads on other excursions and trying to do a few cheaper days too!

TIA

Archived