Cabana choices for Half Moon Cay

misguidedangel

I thought I would be nice and pass along some observations on Half Moon Cay's cabanas to help people pick which one is best for them.

I had Cabana 8, and it was a nice, quiet spot with less people on the beach. If you are looking for total relaxation and quiet, pick a higher number cabana 8-15 are a fair distance up the beach and those that wanted a more quiet time found a chaise lounger that far up.

Bathrooms--bathrooms are between Canba 8 and 8 (up some stairs near the walking/driving path). and between/behind Cabanas 2 and 3.

Food-for those of you wishing to be close to the food the dining pavilion (sheltered/covered tables) was closes to Cabana 4 and 5. I had a short little walk to get from Cabana 8 to get to the food. To be honest, the amount of food you get in the cabana, you don't need to go to the food paivilion!!!!! The area where the food is prepared--tropical restaurant grill--is between #2 and 3. The distance between Cabanas 2 and 5 is not much, so don't think that it is to far to go, no the only problem I encounted is walking in that delightfully wonderful sand!!! soft, squishy, and you sink!!!!!.

Waterport rental-The watersport rental hut is between Cabanas 5 and 6, there is a fair gap between the two because of the type and number of waterport equipment they have available.

I walked the beach from the "I Wish I COuld Sty Here Forever" bar to my cabana and took my sweet time. I would say it took less than 10 minutes as I was taking picutres and video at the same time. When I left for the day it took me around around 5 minutes.

I will begoing back to Half Moon Cay in September and I think I will get Cabana #2 or #3 instead of one further down the beach! It was nice and quiet.

Shady areas--Most cabanas have a nice shady tree nearby, but some are in the open. Cabana #8 was fairly shaded....

I know others will post more info, but these are my observations and hopefully most will agree or add to it to help others choose the best cabana for them when they are at HMC!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We rented cabana #7 last year. The deck area was in the sun. It was a very short walk to the buffet and just below the restrooms. The crowd was at the far end of the beach, near the dock and it was pretty quiet where we were.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I would be nice and pass along some observations on Half Moon Cay's cabanas to help people pick which one is best for them.

I had Cabana 8, and it was a nice, quiet spot with less people on the beach. If you are looking for total relaxation and quiet, pick a higher number cabana 8-15 are a fair distance up the beach and those that wanted a more quiet time found a chaise lounger that far up.

Bathrooms--bathrooms are between Canba 8 and 8 (up some stairs near the walking/driving path). and between/behind Cabanas 2 and 3.

Food-for those of you wishing to be close to the food the dining pavilion (sheltered/covered tables) was closes to Cabana 4 and 5. I had a short little walk to get from Cabana 8 to get to the food. To be honest, the amount of food you get in the cabana, you don't need to go to the food paivilion!!!!! The area where the food is prepared--tropical restaurant grill--is between #2 and 3. The distance between Cabanas 2 and 5 is not much, so don't think that it is to far to go, no the only problem I encounted is walking in that delightfully wonderful sand!!! soft, squishy, and you sink!!!!!.

Waterport rental-The watersport rental hut is between Cabanas 5 and 6, there is a fair gap between the two because of the type and number of waterport equipment they have available.

I walked the beach from the "I Wish I COuld Sty Here Forever" bar to my cabana and took my sweet time. I would say it took less than 10 minutes as I was taking picutres and video at the same time. When I left for the day it took me around around 5 minutes.

I will begoing back to Half Moon Cay in September and I think I will get Cabana #2 or #3 instead of one further down the beach! It was nice and quiet.

Shady areas--Most cabanas have a nice shady tree nearby, but some are in the open. Cabana #8 was fairly shaded....

I know others will post more info, but these are my observations and hopefully most will agree or add to it to help others choose the best cabana for them when they are at HMC!!!!

misguidedangel, thanks so much for your post! This is exactly what I was looking for. THere's so much info on here about how great the cabana's are, but individual locations info is scattered. We are also visiting HMC in September, this will be our first time, and We want to rent a cabana, but I didn't know which would be the best location for us. We like quiet and after reading your post regarded the crowds and nearness to bathrooms and food, I think somewhere between #8 - #11 would be good for us. Thanks again for the info! Your a gem!

We are looking to rent two that are somewhat close together. We don't need to be in the middle of all the action but don't want to be the only ones in the area either. Any suggestions on which two would be good and not too far apart?

We are looking to rent two that are somewhat close together. We don't need to be in the middle of all the action but don't want to be the only ones in the area either. Any suggestions on which two would be good and not too far apart?

None of the cabanas are far from any of the others. They are spaced pretty equally along the beach, so any two next to each other will be the same as any other 2 pair of cabanas.

If there are two ships there the day you visit, the farther down the beach the better IMO.

I had Cabana 8, and it was a nice, quiet spot with less people on the beach.

Misguidedangel...thank you soooo much for this valuable information! Just one question though: In your initial post you say that on your next visit you plan on getting either Cabana #2 or #3. Your very next sentence says "It was nice and quiet".

Do you mean that it was quiet by 2 & 3? I thought that was the more intense & active (crowded) side. Please help! I'm confused! :confused:. Many Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Sailing on the Carnival Liberty in 7 days. Do I sign up for a cabana at the excursion desk or where? Do you know what time they start taking reservations?
You sign up at the shore excursions desk (deck 3 on Liberty). We went right after we boarded the ship.

Sailing on the Carnival Liberty in 7 days. Do I sign up for a cabana at the excursion desk or where? Do you know what time they start taking reservations?

Be at the Shore Excursion immediately upon boarding the ship. The line may already be forming at that time.

Remember, there will only be 15 people lucky enough to secure a cabana.

They allowed us to pick sodas etc for up to 6 people and other friends etc stopped by and there were no worries....we had #9 and it was the perfect spot.......quiet, but close to the restrooms and a short walk to the food....and the water is beautiful ....this is the most beautiful island we have ever had the blessing to see.....also we had brought some other drinks onboard with us and we carried them to the cabana....there is a small fridge there and a huge cooler filled with ice and the sodas you chose when you purchased the cabana....and there is a veggie tray and chips and salsa......snorkel equipment and misting fans it is heaven on earth.....we all chipped in a bit towards it and it was worth every single penny.........ENJOY

I have a Cabana question.

We have been to HMC and did a clamshell once and were in a group that booked the Oasis once.

We are going to HMC in October and are considering doing a cabana. This will be on HAL.

I know the "base" price is $299.00 for up to 4 people. We have 7 people in our group. Does anyone know the "per person" add on for people over the 4 included? Additionally, can we have 7 people booked in the cabana?

Thanks!

I know the "base" price is $299.00 for up to 4 people. We have 7 people in our group. Does anyone know the "per person" add on for people over the 4 included? Additionally, can we have 7 people booked in the cabana?

Thanks!

545.00 for each additional person. Seven people is do able. From a personal standpoint, I think that might get too close for comfort.

I thought it was just $45 for each additional person over 4. :confused:

I think the first 5 was supposed to be a dollars sign:eek:

I agree that all 7 at one time would be tight.

The 2 adult kids and their fiances would be there all that much as they plan on doing other stuff and hanging out on the beach (or at a bar most likely) seperate from us. I just though it would be better to have a base to meet up and would expect to pay to have them be there.

I think the first 5 was supposed to be a dollars sign:eek:

I agree that all 7 at one time would be tight.

The 2 adult kids and their fiances would be there all that much as they plan on doing other stuff and hanging out on the beach (or at a bar most likely) seperate from us. I just though it would be better to have a base to meet up and would expect to pay to have them be there.

My mistake, $45.00 per person. My fingers must not have been working that day. :eek:

Archived