Strange sailing question

Pudgesmom

We're looking forward to our Windstar cruise, but I have a question about the ship's sails, specifically about the horizontal part of the mast. When the ship turns under sail, does everyone on deck have to duck, or are those parts overhead? (This is in remembrance of my one unexpectedly aborted sail on a much smaller boat!:o )

Thanks for any information

Beth

Beth, I love your questions. You think like I did before my first Windstar cruise. I'm trying to think what else I worried about before we left. Oh yeah, we got our air through Windstar but the flight wasn't due to arrive until about an hour before sailing so I stressed about missing the boat. Had my travel agent call Windstar and she was able to let me know that practically everyone on the plane would be on the cruise. So, that was one less worry for me.

Have you read yet in any of the postings on where to store the smelly bags of fins and snorkle masks?

Jackie

Thanks in advance for any good information, Jackie. Did I read somewhere that they will store all the equipment?, or maybe to bring a non-smelly bag? :D I can't remember.

Beth

I had been warned about the smelly net bags they provide to hold the snorkleing gear, so I brought my own, but they made me take their smelly bag. Someone else reported that they brought their own bags and were able to not use Windstar's. Course, the fins and masks start smelling too, as well as reef/swim shoes (highly recommended) The compartment where the safe is located is large enough to hold the snorkle gear and keeps the smell confined within the compartment. It's a big/deep area that can't really be used for anything else anyway. It took us awhile to find it. The counter/dresser area has one section that lifts up (as opposed to pulls out) That's where the safe is.

You're booked on the Wind Star? A co-worker is due back next week from a cruise on the Wind Spirit. I'll interrogate him for other hints.

We did the New Year's eve cruise 2003/2004. It was a lot of fun. Crew enjoyed themselves too.

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived