Confusing names ????

Had an interesting call from friends today who have just got into cruising. They are very excited as they have booked the Northern Explorer cruise from Fremantle to Sydney,

(they are actually leaving in Brisbane and flying home to Auckland from there as that is much easier for them).

Thats great I said and what ship have you booked?

The Sea Princess she said.

Oh I replied are you sure about that?

Oh Yes she was convinced she was sailing on the Sea Princess.

She gave me all the dates , so after the call I went off and checked

and she is actually on Sun Princess.

I wonder how many others make the same mistake?

Hi David, this must happen more frequently than I thought:eek:. I remember one lady who was particularly excited about her upcoming cruise that she regularly posted about her excitement, asking questions and sharing her countdown on P&O facebook page. She said she was going on the Pacific Dawn and even joined the roll call. This went on for a couple of months at least.

About a two weeks before her sailing she received her tickets and realised that she had actually booked and was cruising on the Dawn Princess which was due to depart 2 days after the departure of the cruise she thought she was on. :D:rolleyes:

Jenny

Oh dear! :rolleyes: I have spoken to quite a few people who didn't know which ship they were cruising on! Unbelievable to us cruise fanatics, isn't it?

I think this story takes the cake.

We were cruising through the Kiel Canal on a Baltic Cruise, and a young lady next to me on the deck, asked where we were?

Amazed that she did not know I followed up with a few more questions...

Seems she went into TA in New York and asked to go on a cruise and the TA said

You might like this one.

So she took it, and did.:eek:

I have also read of people booking a Caribbean cruise and having no idea where they are going.

Guess just being on the boat is all they want.:D

I think this story takes the cake.

We were cruising through the Kiel Canal on a Baltic Cruise, and a young lady next to me on the deck, asked where we were?

Amazed that she did not know I followed up with a few more questions...

Seems she went into TA in New York and asked to go on a cruise and the TA said

You might like this one.

So she took it, and did.:eek:

I have also read of people booking a Caribbean cruise and having no idea where they are going.

Guess just being on the boat is all they want.:D

Are you serious, that's hillarious, she must have got on to a plane and flown for hours without knowing where she was going.:eek: A very trusting sort.

The other side of this, which I also find amazing, is the number of people who talk about previous cruises but don't have a clue about the names of the ships they have sailed on.

Jenny

Are you serious, that's hillarious, she must have got on to a plane and flown for hours without knowing where she was going.:eek: A very trusting sort.The other side of this, which I also find amazing, is the number of people who talk about previous cruises but don't have a clue about the names of the ships they have sailed on.

Jenny

Hi Jenny...

Thats a fair dinkum true story....

She just picked up the tickets from the TA and went to the airport.

I bet some TA's would love clients like that.:D

I have a friend in NZ who's son is a purser on Pacific Dawn. However whenever she refers to the ship she calls it the "Princess Dawn" It is confusing to have Pacific Dawn, Dawn Princess, Pacific Sun & Sun Princess all plying Australian waters on similar itineraries at the same time, especially for those who, unlike us, have a life outside cruising :D

I would like a Dollar for every person who told me that they had only recently been on a cruise - and when I ask them what the ship was , they have no idea!!! They can't remember - must have been a really memorable occasion.

Barry

I would like a Dollar for every person who told me that they had only recently been on a cruise - and when I ask them what the ship was , they have no idea!!! They can't remember - must have been a really memorable occasion.

Barry

Do you know the names of every plane you've flown on?

There could well be a parallel thread on this on PlaneSpotterReports.com :D

I think a lot of people can have a great time on their trip without knowing the name of the ship (or at least remembering it afterwards).

I did meet up with a girl at Bingo and she was telling me how she was sailing on the Bohemian Rhapsody. :eek: I kept from laughing and said it sounds like a fantastic cruise.:D

Linda

Ooh-er Linda. Now, you've done it! It will forever after be the Bohemian Rhapsody to me. :D :D :D

Ooh-er Linda. Now, you've done it! It will forever after be the Bohemian Rhapsody to me. :D :D :D

Its funny you say that. When I am at home that is what I call it. :D

When I am in public I try to refrain.

My friends already think I am the crazy cruising lady.:eek:

Its funny you say that. When I am at home that is what I call it. :D

When I am in public I try to refrain.

My friends already think I am the crazy cruising lady.:eek:

Same here! Actually my BFF and I have nicknames for nearly everything. It's my SOH that keeps me sane - and it is sorely needed sometimes. ;) :rolleyes:

I did meet up with a girl at Bingo and she was telling me how she was sailing on the Bohemian Rhapsody. :eek: I kept from laughing and said it sounds like a fantastic cruise.:D

Linda

;) HAHAHAHAHAHA :p

Funny story Linda!

I keep seeing reports of people talking about the Pacific Diamond too :eek:

(which is a cargo ship currently sailing the Malacca Straits)

Archived